First time grower with a few questions

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by rammia, Nov 29, 2007.

1. Hi guys, i am a first time grower who is planning on making a very small grow box that is super stealthy, 2 plants max. The box should be about 2' by 2' by 2'. I will be using the ScrOG method. I have done a fair amount of research so far but i have a few questions.

1) Can any one suggest an indica strain with high potency, high yield, but very low fragerance during flowering. I am willing to sacrafice yield and potency for low odor.

2) If i use a 3 cpu fans http://www.endpcnoise.com/cgi-bin/e/std/sku=papst_60mm, will they be heard(16dB). I plan to mount them inside the box and run some pvc pieping to the outside of the box. The pipe on the intake and exhaust fan will have right angle elbow pieaces in an atempt to eliminate light exiting the box.

3) With this small of grow, will i need a carbon scruber atached to the exhaust fan? As you have probly already guessed, i cannot afford any smell at all.

Any input would be much apreciated.:)

2. If you post this in the bigginer sec. it will get more hits bro.

3. I think you should get good answers right here in the Indoor section, these are indoor grow questions.

1) Strain -- I recommend Northern Lights, it meets all of your criteria, except the one about sacrificing yield. NL can yield quite nicely and can be low odor (not necessarily though). It's also fairly hardy, so stands up to mistakes fairly well.

2 and 3) We can't say from here if there will be noise or smell, only you can determine that based on your specific grow. Sounds like you've thought about the right issues. Keep in mind that the worst noise from fans usually comes from vibrations in what the fan is mounted to and/or in your exhaust piping. As for those elbow pipes, I recommend you have two bends in each not just one (either a "C" shape or "S" shape) and spray paint the inside of those pvc pipes flat black. The combination of two turns and flat black should kill any light from getting in (or out).

Your super-heightened concern about smell is of concern to me, though. You should not grow in someone else's house or around roommates, girlfriends, spouses, etc. who aren't totally cool with the idea.

4. Now that your on it hes home free.:D

5. its my parents that im worried about

6. Toasty please explain.:(