First time grower want help

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Skeeter19_5, Aug 23, 2018.

1. I'd like to know that as well actually cause right now I have them on 24/7 and my lights are on 12/12 at the moment. My tent is in my shed and I'm in Ontario Canada. When I woke up this morning it was about 6C and I don't want them to get too cold. I have my lights on at night so they can stay warm but the fan runs all the time.

To further that what about the circ fan as well? I have an intake fan, exhaust fan and also my circ fan that blows onto my girls.

2. I dont know about that cause I'm in the southern part of the states and it dont get cold here what I use for intake is my a.c. vent with a fan over it and for my exhaust I got a fan out of a refrigerator and wired it with a outlet plug and I'm using a box that I turned it into a grow box. I want to learn and make the mistakes with this and then I will start upgrading as I go.

Sent from my LGL164VL using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Turn off the inlet and outlet fans at night, works for me when it's cold. Or get a closet heater they work too, with a cheap thermostat, when you're working small you can use alternative gear for same effect

Attached Files:

4. I also live in a southern state that does not get cold at all. I leave my exhaust fan on 24/7
    I also pull intake through my a.c vent with a small booster fan to push more in , with the exhaust fan ( 6inch 440 cfm ) on full blast 24/7. It keeps my temps around 82 with the 3 fans I have inside and outside of the tent.

When it comes to height issues and lights hanging low I hooked my smaller tent that's only 5ft up with zip ties hanging the lights and the light hangers attached to the zip ties instead of using the hanger they provide. Gives you about an extra 8 inches or so.

5. You can either use zip ties or Mason string. Tie it onto the holes on your light and connect the yo yo light hangers to that.
    Example 1536350854626.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  6. Also for advice I would suggest either getting smart pots or air pots ( next grow obviously ) I've gotten the best growth out of air pots. You could also drill a bunch of holes into your 5 gallon bucket to give it somewhat of the same effect as an air pot minus the pot going in and out to reject circulation of roots.

7. Yeah where I am it's been tough with my first grow. We had heat waves that were a little abnormal for us and then now it's getting pretty cold at night. I can't win. After this grow my tent it going into the house and it will be easier to control as I have A/C in my house *lol*

On that note you're best (fairly inexpensive) bet is get a grow tent. I bought mine for $100 CAD on Amazon. What i've found to be expensive it the lights. Start adding things little by little and before you know it you'll have a kick ass grow area

8. Nice rig

• Like Like x 1
  9. Thanks Mr. B I will look around for a small heater. Eventually I want to build and actual room in my shed and insulate it for the winter. For now I will be moving my tent into my house for the winter for my second grow.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Yeah that's exactly what I have to do with mine soon. My tent is 5.5ft tall and with the low hanging lights it's probably more like 4.5FT tall.

11. Is it just for personal consumption

12. [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    @ I love growing weed

• Like Like x 1
  13. Yes just for consumption. I have a bad back and after being on some heavy medication for so long (9 years) I decided enough was enough. Also if it wasn't for the weed I would never have been able to get off my pain meds. When I felt withdrawals I would smoke and it would go away.

14. Google, mini perpetual grow room. Let me know what you think, I'm just training a mother plant, soon as she's ready it will be green galore

• Like Like x 1
  15. That's kind of the plan for me. So in Canada we will be allowed 4 plants total which clones are considered a plant so as long as I can get a good enough yield (now that i've learnt some new thing *lol*) with two plants at a time then that's my plan. Two flowering and two vegging (For the rest of my life *lmfao*) I love growing and I can see myself growing till I can't grow anymore :)

• Like Like x 1
  16. Me too dude, then eventually we become fertiliser for the next generation of dankage.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Upto you mate.
    I don't bother with it during veg cos it lowers the humidity too much. During bloom I turn it off a lot at night cos it's a bit noisy. Also gets pretty cold up there at night cos I'm in Scotland so turning it off helps with the heat.
    Just do what you.need to do with it.

Sent from my SM-G850F using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Can anyone tell the sex of these 2 plants? They are still in flower stage, 0909181500.jpg 0909181501.jpg

Sent from my LGL164VL using Grasscity Forum mobile app

19. I have plants that are grown outdoor in pots and are about 3 months into growth. I would like to transfer one of them directly into the ground for the rest of its time until hravest. is this a good idea? Its a graden so the soil is quality. What are some guidelines to follow.