First time grower want help

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Skeeter19_5, Aug 23, 2018.

1. I am growing for the first time and looking to get feedback on how everything is going with my plants I have 2 plants I started about a month ago and they have been pruned and cut back so they have 4 main branches they are not very tall abd the nodes are coming in about every inch or less they are on cfl lighting any advice on what I should do now or should I stop pruning and let them grow 2018-08-23-12-03-46.jpg 2018-08-23-12-03-46.jpg 2018-08-23-12-05-24.jpg 2018-08-23-12-03-46.jpg 2018-08-23-12-05-24.jpg

2. for Your first grow your plants look way healthier than mine did. Thumbs up! When do you plan on flowering

• Like Like x 1
  3. Not sure yet but I think it will be a few more weeks I want them a little larger

• Like Like x 1
  4. Your plants look great. Nice job indeed and welcome to GC. :)

• Like Like x 3
  5. Update here are my babies a few days later still looking good to me just tring to get them trained so the colas will get the same lught.... If anyone has any advice I would love to hear it no matter what it is 2018-08-25-10-59-07.jpg 2018-08-25-11-14-22.jpg

Sent from my LGL164VL using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  6. Looking very nice

• Like Like x 1
  7. Honestly they look very healthy. What sort of light source are you using? I recommend cutting away excess foliage, like fan leaves and whatnot. Don't cut all of them, I always remove all the fan leaves except for the newest two pairs. It allows for better light penetration to the lower parts of the plant.

• Like Like x 1
  8. I using cfl's I have 250 watts per plant with mixed of daylight and the soft white and using homemade pitting mix, I have most of the fan leave trimmed most of what is on the inside is small limbs the nodes are coming out about every 3/4 of and inch. I do have a co2 generator with hose to each plant

9. you have skills for just starting out--good work. Scrap the CFLs. your skills will never be realized to their full potential using them. If you are going to, flower now. CFLs will not support a large plant

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Sounds good, keep doing what you're doing bro. Looks way better then my first grow.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Yeah I going to upgrade soon I just wanted to see if I could grow it before I went and got all the stuff I want to grow it with

• Like Like x 1
  12. Yeah I'm going to upgrade soon I wanted to make sure I could before I went and got what I wanted to use to grow it

13. I have a question my plants are doing good, but my ph on my soil us trying to get above 7 I keep my water and feed around 6.5 is there something I can add to the soil to bring the soil down some I am useing the ph up/down

14. Update!!! I bought a 1000 watt led light just installed it .... But I do have a question my soil the ph on it is at 7 when I water and feed I get it at 6.5 ph but is there anything I can add to soil to get it down a little?

15. What did you buy? Manufacturer and model?

16. It just one I found on Wal-Mart for like $88 I should have done more research cause its not the best it has like 200 actual watts but to go with my cfls it should be good cause I only have a 3x2x5 grow box that I have lined with reflective paper. I will be getting a better one later

17. I think I need to transplant to larger pot they are in gallon size I want to transplant to 5 gallon I think they are tring to get root bound here are the plants as of today but my question is .... Its not to late to move to bigger pot? 2018-09-01-10-35-41.jpg 2018-09-01-10-38-12.jpg

18. It's definitely not too late to transplant to a bigger pot, it looks like the perfect time.
    A 200w LED should give you a few ounces so you'll get all your money back in saving

I wouldn't worry about the pH, 7 is perfectly fine

• Like Like x 1
  19. I have a 1000w led it pulls about 200 real watts and have 10 23watt cfls (100 equivent watts) one them now

20. I have redone my grow area I have a smaller box before. I know it is not the best looking thing but when your pour you do what you have to do to get by. What is everyones thoughts and anything I can do to make it better? 0904181051.jpg 0904181051a.jpg 0904181052.jpg 0904181052b.jpg