first time grower some questions

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by hydroponikz, Feb 3, 2009.

1. hey i have 1 plant growing (bag seed) so i have no idea male or female hopefully female.

im using 2700 lumen cfl light, could i use this throughout growing with good harvest or no?

if not what could i do to get the most out of my harvest ?

2. youll definately want more than 2700 lumens for a plant

probably 6k-8k per plant. grab at least 2 more of those lights, and youll be able to at least get something outta the plant.

3. 2700 lumens is probably one 42 watt light. Try getting another one or maybe 2 more 26 watt ones, at least.

4. ight so i should get 2 more?, and will that heat up alot? and should i switch out for veg/flowering stages or am i good throughout the grow using 3 CFLS and have nice dense buds?

5. #5 stonehenge919, Feb 4, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2009
    For the Vegging stage you want to use daylight CFLs putting out 6500k, at a 24 hr lighing or 18/6 something of such. Then come time to flower your going to want to switch out the daylight CFLs (6500k) and replace with soft whites putting out 2700k - 3000k this represents the autum sun. Put thelight cycle down to 12 hrs light 12 hours dark, This will begin the flowering stage for you. In the early stages of flower (pre flower) you can determine the sex of your plant. At least 100 Watt per plant then at least an additional 30 or 40 per additional plant because they can share the light. You wont get too dense of buds due to the fact that CFLs dont penetrate as deeply as Hps

6. hmm k, and how much do you think i will yield? this is my most concern

7. My first cfl grow was an exotic strain called saturna sativa. On 250 Aprox my yield was just under 3 Ounces. youll be alright. The average is around one gram per watt for cfl i believe

8. and last questions :p , when and what is the flowering and vegging stages? my sprout is just about 2 weeks old give or take a few days

9. up to the top

10. gotta read around more, use the search function to find just what you need. i'll go ahead give you the heads up but remember to do your own research since it will get you farther. vegging, or vegetative state, is where the plant grows it's green leafy structure, and flowering, is when it begins to flower and produce buds. it's just two different cycles in the plant's life. for vegging, you'll need 6500k (k as in kelvin) lights, mostly referred to as daylight rating. The soft whites, are 2700k and are used for flowering. the color temperature is rated in kelvins and determines what color the light produces. i'm thinking by 2700 lumens, you meant 2700k, since most cfl's don't put out that much light (more like 1750 lumens) and i have yet to see a 42watt daylight cfl. you can switch the lighting cycle to 12on and 12off (also switch light colors)whenever you want to, but if you let it veg longer, you'll get a bigger plant and a bigger yield.

11. ight thanks ! yeah i have been researching on my own but ive been too busy with school to further my research

12. if youre too busy to research, youre too busy to get good product

starting out, its almost impossible to have great results without investing a good chunk of time

13. its not even like that, i just did my assignments before hand, there not even due till 2 weeks from now, so i could focus more on my plant