First time grower...Sick plant

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by litol420, Feb 16, 2013.

1. hi im a first time grower and have a sick plant i need help with got 2 growing and ill post both its obvious which need the help but ill take advise on both there currently in a pc grown box i have a bigger box on the way b here in a few days but it works for now the light is set up on 18/6 like i said im new to growing so havent fertilized yet gonna switch to dwc when my other box gets here still tryin to figure out nutes so any advise on that would work too they were both planted at the same time but 1 is alot bigger than than the other im starting to worry bout her

Attached Files:

2. how many days from germination? They are most likely root-bound a bigger pot is needed asap. That wilt is due to the roots being rootbound in my opinion.

3. also idk if your medium is enriched but if its not now would be a good time to start your nute lineup (on low dosages)

4. Little over 3 weeks old. Plan on transplanting them to dwc thursday think they can wait till then. Don't wanna handle them to much if I can help it

5. Well it wont do any good but it wont kill them, just make sure to keep on eye on moisture levels remeber a domintating root-zone in a small cup sucks up lots of water, but remember moist, not wet. You need good areation.

6. Just curious. Y won't it do any good?

7. your plants look extremly stunted from the small cups, given ample room the foilage would be x2 bigger by now

8. the roots do not have room to grow, your plant is only as big as its roots man thats why youd yeild a gram if your lucky if u kept it in that lol

9. OK I'm understanding now. They will b in bigger pots tomorrow them. Ty for the help

10. btw its better to start them off in rockwool or perlite/vermiculite if transfering to DWC for future references

11. np bro, bigger pots tmr id say 5gal atleast and some nutes if theres none right now very low dose and see how they respond, if the do well dont flush if they show signs of burning flush with waer PHed to 6.0

12. Would u happen to have any preference on nutes for the dwc system. I have a few different in mind but always looking for other options

13. i wouldnt reccomend advanced nutrients they are good but over priced, ive used Dutch Nutrient Formula line up much cheaper and effient too, or bonticare lineup (lil more expensive):wave:

14. Just another opinion here. When you use those cups, plants usually don't get 'rootbound' to much as deoxygenated due to people forgetting to put holes in the bottom and cuts down the sides. If you follow these two rules for what ever container you are using, they will do fine.
    1. Always fill what ever container you are using to the top. They live in dirt, so give them as much as the container will take, with just a little missing on top to take the water flow when being watered.
    2. Always score the sides of solo cups from top to bottom about 5-10 slits all the way around. Good oxygenation. At least 2 holes in the bottom, 4 is better. Make sure any container you are using has good air flow. Leaves take in co2, but roots will only take in o2.

I use plastic cups frequently for babies. They will hold a plant that is 8 inches tall and bushy if you have done the steps above. I water very wet to quite dry, in cycles. Your soil looks poorly coagulated, are you watering the soil, not just dribbling like a tiny stream on the plant itself? Water the soil, not the plant, the roots need wet soil to grope around in. Good luck!

15. That's for the nutes recommendations. Yeah I used to water the plant but I need to competly soak the soil then let it drain until its almost completely dry