First time grower seeking advice

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by deus, Jan 8, 2011.

1. Hey everyone. I am first time grower, sick of spending too much bling on weed. So i have a wall cabinet which is 70 cm ( h) x 40 cm ( w ) x 37 ( d) and i am planning on growing 2 plants in there. I've heard that lowryder 2 is small and easy to grow so i am going to stick with this. I need help on how to ventilate the grow box, for example how many fans should i include and how many air intake holes are required and the size of the holes, etc. Additionally, i also need to know what kind of lighting is needed. I heard CFL's are the way to go, so is 4 26 - 28 watt ( 3 daylight and 1 soft white for veg and 3 soft white and 1 daylight for flowering ) an appropriate amount ?

Any help at all is greatly appreciated !

2. go check out all the micro grows.

3. Will do. Any other input ?

4. Some help any1 ?? please?

5. Sounds like you got a good plan to me, wish I would have done my lights like that in my cab, check it out at my grow thread. I think its probably about the same size as what your talking about, and I just use cpu power supply fans that I rigged up for cooling and ventilation.

6. I checked out your grow box. Looks cool. Anyways, i am how do you ventilate your grow box?

7. Well my door doesn't close all the way that's why I have a blanket over it but I have two cpu fans that blow air out on top of the box I can put some pics up if you want.

8. You may get a better harvest going with say, 3 45 watt cfls. Or, 2 45w, 1 65w.

9. go to borders. buy the cannabis growers bible. amazing investment

10. hey tempyr, i would love to see some pics :D

I've downloaded that bible. Its good. Thanks for the help guys. And as for the fans, i m thinking of going for just 2 fans 1 for intake and 1 for exhaust. Is this suitable for my grow box ? and if it is can anyone recommend me some fans i need ? along with the Cfm and noise ( db ), and how to hook them up..

11. You can always do what I did and scavenge them from a couple cpu power supply, their pretty simple to wire up, you just have to put one of them on the bottom of one side for intake and one on top for the exhaust. I will post some pics later on my setup.

12. Well here's pictures of my box and fans that I use the first one is the inside of the top, the second one is one of my fans and the last one is my door. I have some updated pics of my 2 plants in my journal located in my sig if anyone wants to check them out.

Attached Files:

13. nice. Thanks dude. But i am planning on going as stealth as i can, i think powering the pc fans with an adapter and a dimmer switch or any other method to control the fans speed is more stealthier and cheaper as i dont have any cpu power supply. I can try to find a cheap one in a computer store.. So for my growbox dimensions, what kind of fans do u recommend ? in the terms of CFm, and noise in Db. I am trying to keep the noise under 20 db.

14. well if you want to keep it super stealth this is what I have come up with. Mount the fans on the inside of the box, if it sits up a little above the floor even better. If your worried about the noise of the fans, put an aqaurium, t.v. or a computer on top of it, it will cover any noise you hear from the fans. I have plans to build a computer desk with a grow box in it that's going to be super stealth. I'm not using a cpu power supply to power the fans I just gutted them from a couple I had, they were much easier to wire up then traditional cpu fans, because they only got a red and black wire, (guess which one is the hot, LOL), but yeah that's all they are is computer fans. I would go with a 80mm to 90 mm fan you can buy rubber grommets or feet for them to dampen any vibration noise you would get, pretty sure it would keep it to less than 20 db. If you do get just the regular cpu fans the third wire (usually yellow or white) is your fan speed control. Good Luck.

15. Wow dude a stealth table grow box. Sounds cool man, hope you can pull it off :) Anyways thanks for all the help, i think i have almost everything figure out, dont go anywhere though i am pretty sure i am gonna need ya help again ::p

16. lol i need help again :( Tempyr, how can i hook up the fan with a dimmer ?

17. clip the thing off the end of the wires from your fan that normally goes into the motherboard. You should have 3 wires the red one is positive, the black negative, the yellow is the speed control what you want to do is connect the two negative togethor, then connect the red to one side of your dimmer the yellow to the other side and then from the dimmer connect to the positive side of your plug and wall'a your done.

18. Okay, sound simple enough. Thanks again dude :D