First time grower, please help identify yellowing leaves issue

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by flygui420, Mar 8, 2014.

1. #1 flygui420, Mar 8, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2014
    Hey guys, brand new to the forum and brand new grower. I'm growing in a 4x4x8 tent with a 1000W HPS, 1 6in inline exhaust fan, 1 oscillating fan inside the tent. growing medium is coco fiber, plants are in 3 gallon pots. My water ph is between 6.5 -7.0. I vegged them for about 3-4 weeks until they were about 1-1.5 ft tall, watering every 5 days or so with vegging nutes. they are now on a 12/12 light cycle in the first week of flower. Hopefully thats enough information to help diagnose my problem. So i've attached some pictures of my plants. They seem to be doing alright except for a few of the leaves are shriveling, turning yellow, and not looking so healthy. at first i thought this was due to my light being too close to the plants but i've done the back of the hand test and also try to keep them between 30 and 36 inches away from the light. My temperatures range from 67-75 degrees and my RH ranges from 40%-70%. Not exactly sure whats going on, I'm pretty sure they have an adequate amount of nutrients but who knows this is my first grow.

If anyone have any tips for a first time grower that could help solve the issues i'm having that would be great. 
    p.s. they're are a few plants i know are dead in the pictures so disregard commenting on the ones that aren't circled  :hippie:  =)
    image.jpeg
    image_3.jpeg
    image_4.jpeg
    image_5.jpeg
    image_7.jpeg
    image_8.jpeg
    photo (1).JPG

Thank you!

2. take them out of the hps light for best color

3. #4 LetGo, Mar 8, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2014

your growing in straight coco?
    also what nutrients are you using and @ what ppm if chemical.

Definately looks like nut burn in some spots, but the plant still doesn't look 100%  let me know more info on nutes

4. I'll take some new pictures when they wake up out of the HPS. 

5. So here's the nutes I'm using plants are in 2nd week of flower, so how many teaspoons per gallon? I'm rather confused. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1394602436.104418.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

6. get  a ppm meter & you should alternate between water & nutes. 

7. Dunno what status you have now, but your pH is too high for pure coco. Proper pH for coco should be 5.6-5.8. Hopefully you got your issues sorted out!

8. Hey thanks for the replies, plants are doing much better as I experiment with different things. Currently they are on day 34 of flower and leaves are mostly doing okay. 2 of my plants have the older leaves yellowing and dying. But all the leaves around the buds are green and healthy looking. Just got a ppm meter yesterday n my reading before feeding was 151. Not exactly sure how to measure or what the numbers represent. I proceeded to add my nutes and watered. Should I check ppm with and without the nutrients added and figure out some sort of balance? A few pics of the buds are attached for reference any info on the ppm would be great. And by the way my ph is much better than before. A little research goes a long way

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1397144592.070648.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1397144621.486723.jpg

9. yeah leaves die starting 5 weeks in, its all good, just the plant starting to eat its stored nutrients into the buds

10. Day 44 of flower. The plants may have gone through some over nutrients stress and have been growing slow(it seems to me, a new grower that they're growing slow) gonna get some co2 goin in my tent to see if that'll boost em up. Anything else I can do to increase bud size? Flushing with ph'd water for the next couple waterings. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1397527736.992474.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1397527750.591245.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1397527780.274419.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1397527806.841483.jpg