First Time Grower - Plants Not Doing Well - Surprise!

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by JustinK, Jul 19, 2018.

1. This is my first time growing, so I'm not surprised things have taken a turn for the worse, but I'd love to have your feedback about what's going on and what I can do to avoid these issues in the future.

• Growing outside in 5 gallon plastic pots. In retrospect, apparently both of these things are an issue.
    • I use a 2-3-2 nutrient formula for my plants.
    • It's been mid-90s every day for the past week, so I've been watering them every day. Prior to this week, I was watering them every other day or so.
    • I got them as clones in early-May
    • The bottom leaves have been turning yellow and curling for about two weeks now, I figured it was a Nitrogen deficiency. The spots are something new that I just noticed yesterday
    • The pH of my water, post-nutrients, is mid-6ish according to the strips I have
    Any advice or pointers on what not to do next time or how to save this current batch are welcome!

Attached Files:

2. Growing outdoors in soil requires larger pots. Larger soil volume buffers a lot of issues with ph, water evaporation, heat stress, and nutrient availability.
    To my eye your plant looks thirsty, hungry, and hot. I'd transplant into a bigger pot, fresh soil and add calcitic lime flour (1cup per cu ft/7.5 gallons) and fertilizer - maybe a >15 gallon will finish you up through flower. Use a mycorrhizae soil product.
    The lime is a major source of calcium and will keep the ph from swinging.Try to find the micronized stuff, it mixes best and acts faster. If not the pelletized is acceptable.
    Mycorrhizae will help with any transplant stress and increase availability of nutrients - and that's important because you're going to flower soon and you don't want to stall.
    If you're still seeing the yellowing after transplant, you can hit it with some fish hydrolysate that works to green things up for me. Happy gardening!

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

3. Thank you so much for the quick reply!