First time grower. Nute deficiency? Or light?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by thundercookie, Apr 11, 2020.

1. 9FFBD1D2-6617-4B39-95AA-C88E5E5C2235.jpeg EF061C11-9000-488F-9B4C-0272D612A5F4.jpeg 4C244964-34BD-455C-A8C4-43528B47955C.jpeg A4D075D5-2737-4BF7-AE00-EBFE014BC33E.jpeg C95B64A7-03DB-4B7D-BA3C-7618D263E6CE.jpeg AD3ED213-E4DA-4A27-A2D9-E3415A0E88C0.jpeg D8996D6E-FE69-4A48-9F08-298642C6F64B.jpeg Hey I’m new to growing I bought two Space Cream clones earlier this week (3 days ago) and just transplanted them into 1 gallon pots 2 days ago. I’ve been running a 18-6 light cycle since they’ve been in the pots. I use a low wattage led grow light bulb from Home Depot in my closet.(it’s all I could afford and it’s a budget grow, fortunately I had a fan and a humidifier. The temperature in my basement is 64-68 degrees which is quite low but unfortunately I can’t control it. I have a big space heater I put infront of my closet door and make sure they try and stay as warm as possible.) Since I have planted my clones, I have noticed very little growth in any of the Top leaves and not exactly yellow but light green lights coming out from the leaves. Is this a nutrient deficiency or a light deficiency? Or are these clones stuck in transplant shock or something like that??? I have no clue!!!! Last thing.. I have been feeding ph 6.8 drinking water mixed with some tap water. Please help me! I really want these clones to turn out good for my first grow. Thanks

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Any pictures of the light itself mate? Without proper lighting you may as well give up now

• Like Like x 2
  3. Hi we'll try to lower your ph to around 6.3-6.5 pick up a bottle of ph down if u don't have one. Always good to have for issues. Also u should be feeding them nutrients clones come from mature mother plants that have been using up nutrients so the clones are an offspring that also need veg nutes. just don't start feeding at full strength try quarter strength at 1st n work your way up.

4. What?

Are you saying that plant nutritional needs are passed down?

Why would it matter if its a mother plant or a father plant or a flower or a shrub?

All plants require nutrition.

Clones will require nutrition just as a seedling would - but only depending on the nutritive quality of the soil or other medium. It has nothing to do with whether its a clone or not.

OP - your plant looks fine but you’ll never get anywhere with insufficient lighting.

And you’ll be fine at a pH of 6.8 - very slightly acidic is fine unless you start growing hydroponically but again - you might as well put your plant jn a well prepared hole somewhere outdoors because its a waste of time until you invest in a horticultural grade lighting system.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Clones need nutes yes n his soil looks bone dry. Clones take on the same genetics is what I'm trying to say if the mother was being fed its basic knowledge the babies should be fed. Seedlings don't need to be fed if that's what your saying unless u want to fry them. Everyone's got there own opinions about shit out here but clones that size if he hadn't fed em yet that would be the issue to me. Fuck I've had plants living under 65 CFL watts till I got bigger lights.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Clones need nutes yes n his soil looks bone dry.“

What does moisture have to do with nutrients?

Clones take on the same genetics is what I'm trying to say if the mother was being fed its basic knowledge the babies should be fed

But what on earth would it matter what the mother was being fed? The mother has zero to do with its clones nutritional needs.

Everyone's got there own opinions about shit out here but clones that size if he hadn't fed em yet that would be the issue to me

OP never stated what his medium was, what he was growing in. THIS is what would dictate whether he needed to “feed” his plants. I dont feed anything - ever, or check or adjust pH, or flush, or any of that crap. I garden in soil that doesn’t require this stuff.

Just saying.

j

• Like Like x 2
  7. #9 GroBuddy, Apr 11, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2020
    looks normal to me new growth tends to be lighter especially up against that older dark growth of indica, appreciate you taking pics before watering. a lot of people wait until right after a watering then the plants drooping. makes it more difficult to tell if the drooping is from the deficiency or watering. you did well and clones look well.

8. id suggest to keep it healthy you should add more perlite when or if you transplant. and get another light bulb or 2. rule of thumb you average a half gram to gram per wattage so as of right now im guessing its a 25watt bulb youll get a couple quarters max probably less. whole lotta work for a quarter bag. id assume that's why your older fan leaves are drooping a tad bit not enough light is making it down to them mine start acting this way when I need to thin out my plant canopy.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Been repping ur veggie site to a few friends!!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. This is the led light I use. I threw the packaging away but I’m pretty sure it’s an 11w bulb. I’m guessing this is definitely not going to work for the next month till I put them outside? I haven’t fed them any Nutes yet either I’m planning on buying Dyna gro and dyna bloom in the upcoming week image.jpg

11. No if your using bulbs like that u will need more I dunno about led but google it or grow with CFL bulbs the spiral ones they work. You probably have some around your house.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Even my seedlings I won't put them under anything lower than 65 CFL watts so 11 watts sounds kinda low for plants that size.

13. Hey man, I'd say it's your lighting..I had a similar problem with lime green new growth vegging under bunch of crap Chinese LED panels...i thought for sure it was a nute/PH issue (totally stumped) and someone explained to me that with inadequate light causes the parts of the plant furthest away from the source to produce more chlorophyll to become a darker color, which helps it catch more light and the parts closest looked lime green ....whether he was right or wrong, idk..but 3 days under 600watt CMH had the color completely uniform, but in your case it may be too soon to tell...hope this helps..

Attached Files:

14. Yeah I looked it up it’s not 9w it’s 60w but that’s definitely still too low. I went out to Home Depot earlier and bought this 250w heat lamp. Will this light be enough to grow these plants for maybe a month before they go outside?

Attached Files:

15. Yeah nevermind what I said it says 9w 60w equivalent

16. I’ve upgraded to a 250w light bulb and I plugged it into my closet. Will this be enough?

17. B262BA0A-40B9-4B1A-BDBE-41C3CE1D179D.jpeg
    B262BA0A-40B9-4B1A-BDBE-41C3CE1D179D.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  18. I haven’t fed any Nutes yet! I’m going to buy dyna gro and dyna bloom later this week I don’t have the money currently