First Time Grower...Need Help!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by mykko67, Jan 15, 2013.

1. #1 mykko67, Jan 15, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2013
    Hey Guys,

I am about 4 weeks into my first grow. They plants seem to be doing well except for on 2 of the plants there is a little brown spotting on some leaves and a couple of leaves that just look bad. The other plant is a different strain (free seeds from the place I ordered from...don't know what it is) and looks fine.

I have been watering every other day with with ph adjusted to apprx 6.5.
    Temps have been between 70-80, plenty of ventilation, under 400 MH lights.
    Soil is roots organics formula 707.

I've used Foxfarm Grow big at 1/4 strength once a week for the past 2 weeks.

Any Ideas? Could it be a calcium deficiency? Could PH still be a problem even though I am testing the water?

Other than that, how do you think they look for 4 weeks (from sprout)?

Thanks in advance!

Attached Files:

2. Nute Burn possibly?

3. I would say the opposite. This is a nitrogen deficiency. You need to use Foxfarm everyday. It's organic and very hard to burn your plants with. 1/2 of the suggested amount everyday is what I do. Look in Google for nitrogen deficiency pictures. I did that to confirm my words. Good luck.

4. #4 azgrassman, Jan 17, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2013
    Agree its a deficiency, but I think its a Magnesium deficiency. Nitrogen deficiencies tend to start on older leaves and usually are signified by a color shift from green to yellow. The spotting in the center of the leaves makes me think its Mag issues.

Never feed every day... That makes no sense... You only water once or twice a week and the nutes need to be dissolved in water... Unless you're dripping your chems on your plants I don't get what your doing...

OP,

http://forum.grasscity.com/sick-plants-problems/49086-plant-abuse-chart.html

Good source for finding out what's wrong with your plants.

Do you use R/O water and if you do use it do you add Cal/Mag?

5. I water everday because its so dry here. If i wait more then that plants die. To each his own I guess.

6. Thanks for the feedback guys.
    I have been worried about over fertilizing, since I keep reading its the biggest issue with new growers, but I probably was too cautious.

I use ph adjusted tap water, and havent tried cal-mag. I'll get some and try it.

I really appreciate the help!

7. As a side note... I hear that fox farm big bloom is very hard to Burn the plants with. It is organic which is a bonus. 2.5 gallons for around 100 bucks is a great price as well. Smaller containers also beat most quality nutes prices.

8. Cal/Mag is a really nice additive, especially when you use R/O water. Tap water has a lot of the essential salts in it but be sure to let the water sit for 24 hours prior to watering to get rid of some harmful chemicals.

I agree that Fox Farm nutes work well (Grow Big is correct for you currently). You could probably bump up the concentration from 1/4 to half or full strength. Two weeks is plenty of time for your plant to adjust.

Sorry if I came off as abrasive, no offense intended. I've just never heard of an indoor grower needing to water more than once every three days.

Even in Arizona (Current humidity is 18% outside), I only water my current crop once every 5-6 days.

Eh, as long as it works, it works.

AZ

9. Weird huh... Im also talking about my flowering plants though. My veg plant can go 2 maybe 3 days if the vermiculate level is high. Sometimes they dry faster. Oh and i use as small as pot as I can to save space.

10. Agreed.