First time grower. Need advice ?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by jkillivory21, Mar 14, 2015.

1. Not sure what soil to use for outdoor growing? Im not sure if I'll use nutrients since its my first grow as well. Already got the spot fenced off and debating on if I'll use pots or put them in the ground. Any advice would help ? I've done the research but it's giving so many different things. Im in ohio if that helps any ? uploadfromtaptalk1426309439734.jpg

2. Oh forgot im using auto purple and silver widow strains.

3. Is your plot going to be under that tree? You want to plant where you get as much full sun as possible. I would go directly in ground for several reasons. First, you said you don't want to use nutrients, and the native soil will sustain your plants much longer than a contain would. Plus having them in ground they have more room to spread their roots which will help avoid problems like root rot and root-binding. You are way more likely to under and over water a container plant. The native soil helps regulate the growth process and leaves less room for error. I'd personally at least mix in some compost and manure. You can get some organic stuff called eco scraps pretty cheap at Home Depot right now, or even check Craig's list to find some free. People are always looking to get rid of piles of horse manure and compost. Good luck.

4. #4 jkillivory21, Mar 15, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2015

5. The tree was topped off so more light gets to them . I was looking into what medium i can use for outdoors. Budget isnt to big of a deal. Just waiting for it to warm up some, not sure what temp would be good to start ? Thinking 40 degrees fahrenheit or higher

6. I decided to go with organic soil mixed with humas and manure.. when do you think would be best to plant ? Im still puzzled on if i should start them indoors or just go straight outdoors tho

7. I am in this same boat.   I only have 3 seeds so really don't want mistakes.

8. Go to a gardening store and get a high quality organic soil and use it in ground. Dig a hole that's at least Two foot wide and deep and replace with the soil you get. You can add composted chicken manure and compost to the soil to add nutrients.

Besides the soil I would get yourself a book of two on growing cannabis. Look for authors Ed Rothensal and Jorge Cervantes. Both guys are experts and their books are highly rated. The books hold the answers to most of the questions you will have or encounter. Best investment you can make for your garden. The more you know the better the results.