First time grower, need advice on grow-box and home setup!!!

Discussion in 'DIY and Homemade' started by Andre420i, Mar 30, 2020.

1. I have been smoking for about 10 years, never grown my own but very interested in giving it ago. I will be looking to build a home 'stealth grow box' in an old wardrobe, the wardrobe dimensions are H:190cm W:75cm D:50cm. I have been doing a lot of reading and if I am going to do it I would like to try build the best setup I can, I am willing to spend more money to create a better setup.
    Can I build a hydroponic setup?
    Could I use a drip irrigation system?
    Any advice anyone has would be much appreciated?!
    Thanks

2. I don't grow hydroponics, would like to eventually. Soil is more forgiving, and I wanted to fully understand the plant and it's needs before taking that next step to hydroponics. Good luck with your grow, add a grow journal to keep us updated. I'd be interested in seeing the entire process.

3. To do that and be stealthy would be very hard

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. You could make a custom catch tray just high enough to fit a saucer underneath so your slide it out and dump. Id hand feed coco though.

5. Its much easier than soil mate. Just following numbers on sticks like a monkey. Number goes up add more water. Number goes down add more nutes. Folk over complicate it but that's essentially all there is to it.

6. Cocos the easiest option for a starter imo. Just feed quarter strength nutes every day and not much can go wrong.
    Literally need to know nothing about what you're doing if you do that. Nothing media specific anyway.

7. Use this site and get ur fans and 120mm blowers from here. They are great. From the exhaust down to the fans for air flow

AC Infinity for exhaust and fans

Quantum board for lighting

nector for the gods nutrients

I would start in soil until ur a good grower and get a nice routine and habits. Then advance to a form of hydro