First time grower- need a couple questions answered, but already know alot!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by clee59, Apr 3, 2009.

1. Hey guys. Im new to this. I have done my research though. I know how to get the plant thru each stage, germinaite it, and water it etc.

My questions are with lights.
    Im going to just start with 2 medium sized plants.

1. I have a completely empty blank white walled room. Should I put the two plants in the middle of the room with lights, or should I put them in the closet? If I put them in the closet should I put up any reflective devices?

2. Since I am only making 2 plants and Im on a low- medium budget, Im not sure about lights. I here sooooo many bad things that I shouldnt use florscents, but I cant afford a mh light. Is there anything inbetween?

3. If I do a CFL light, I should get two individuals at what wattage? And keep them through all stages- veg to harvest?

Thanks.

2. 6500k daylight cfls are the best for the veg stage
    Id suggest a closet cuz its easier to put up refletive material and hang the lights in a closed space
    100 equivalent watts is enought for 1 plant but after that id say
    50-60 watts for each plant after that
    2700k is best for flowering

3. You can use the closet or use the corner of the open room -- let the walls help you by penning in the light and reflecting it back to your plants. If they walls are already a flat bright white then you are fine with that or else put up mylar. If you use the corner of the open room you may want to get two pieces of cardboard or plywood or something to create two more walls around the grow space, painting those flat bright white on the side facing the plants or covering them in mylar as well. For lights, CFLs (which are fluoros) are OK, get 6-8 bulbs (if not more) for 2 plant, 23-26 actual watts each (100w equivalent), and as Gr1mReaper said, 6500k "daylight" for vegging and 2700k "soft white" for flowering. Keep those bulbs within 1-2 inches of the plant except during their first week of life (4-6 inches is better at first).