First Time Grower - Lots of pics, detailed info & frequent updates!

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by FirstTimeGreen, May 21, 2006.

1. starting to look good :) hows the weather where u live? looks like the plant just got a shitload of water but thats okay not gonna hurt it... great to see it starting to like the new soil.. and for the growth size it looks okay for an outdoor grow... what size potter are you using?

2. The weather is very hot and pretty humid. Hot = mid to upper 90's as highs and mid to upper 70's as lows.

The plant had a bunch of water, but it dries out very quickly due to the heat.

The pot is 9 inches from top to bottom and 9 inches across the top. I figure it's a 2-3 gallon?

-FTG

3. I was instructed to remove the plant from the soil that I transplanted it into and rinse the roots clean of ALL of the old soil and re-pot in 100% clean pot and new soil.

Today I did that.

I noticed that the soil was VERY warm (I'd guess 85-90 deg F) while transplanting it out. I'm going to keep it in the shade out of DIRECT sunlight. I think it's is too harsh for my little plant.

The leaf miners are continuing to take a toll on the plant. I think I will increase the pesticide from every 3 days to every other day.

Can someone take a look and tell me if it's too early to sex the plant.

Thanks!

-FTG

Attached Files:

4. Well, technically, I think you can sex the plant whenever you like. With that said, most people wait until the plant is atleast 12 inches tall before initiating flowering while more experienced growers with awesome setups wait until the plant starts alternating nodes. In your case, I'd say wait until the plant grows six inches taller.

Good luck.

5. Excellent journal. Nice pics and detailed posts!

Defiently fun to go through

6. calicheese23: Thanks, I hope to keep this thing updated and "entertaining" (if possible??)

Looks like the soil was the culprit. Ever since I changed it out to the scotts (with added phosphate) and upped the frequency of pesticide, all of the leaf miners and yellowing has stopped.

I began LST today based on the pictures I saw. What do you all think of the LST?

Pic 1 = View of top of plant
    Pic 2 = Node Growth
    Pic 3 = LST
    Pic 4 = LST
    Pic 5 = Height of plant

-FTG

Attached Files:

7. LOOKING MUCH BETTER! your LST looks good just dont put those strings too tight or it will start to cut circulation off to the rest of the plant :) but yea looking a hell of a lot better then when you had it a weed ago lol and you are showin no signs of sex yet... thats just normal node growth :)

8. HIGH all.

Thanks. I guess between the pesticide and the new soil, my little plant is growing nicely. I guess it's more of an experiment than anything else. I just hope that it is a FEMALE. We'll see soon enough. I'm going to veg it until I can afford to get a grow-light and proper enclosure inside.

Soon enough.

-FTG

9. Well my LST'ing seems to be working out nicely. The strings are firm but where they attach to the plant, there is plenty of play.

I have two new additions to the family out of some TREMENDEOUS stuff I got a hold of. It was TOUGH finding seeds in this stuff, only about 2-3 seeds per "20".

I don't plan to flower until this thing gets bushier. There isn't such a thing as "waiting TOO long to flower" is there?

Thanks,

-FTG

Attached Files:

10. My newest additions to the family!!

Attached Files:

11. It's been just over a week since my last update. Nothing new other than the stupid Miners coming back and digging into my leaves. I UN-LST'ed the plant and may re-do it again this weekend, but for now she's groing good enough.:hello:

The 2nd plant I'm growing is DEFINITELY a different strain (much wider fan-leaves) and faster growth than the original plant or the other little one.

The middle and upper nodes' fan leaves are getting really big, is it okay to trim more than one? I cut a few blades off each one in order to try and get more light to the node area (new growth):smoking:

Also, how's my plant looking for 41 days of outside lovin'?

-FTG

Attached Files:

12. Dumb me, double post...sorry folks.

13. Here's a quick recap of growth:

Day 6
    [​IMG]

Day 9
    [​IMG]

Day 12
    [​IMG]

Day 18
    [​IMG]

Day 24
    [​IMG]

Day 28
    [​IMG]

Day 32
    [​IMG]

Day 36
    [​IMG]

Day 42
    [​IMG]

Day 48
    [​IMG]

-FTG

14. Now that it is almost time to flower, I bought myself a 400 watt HPS light and it should be here by week's end. I have a closet (4x4) to grow in and I pray that this plant is a girl.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I already have another on the way (Plant 2) and it is growing at a much quicker pace than this one. It is obviously a different strain just from the growth rate and the leaf pattern.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

What do you all think so far!?:hello:

I have not used any nutes what so ever. I've just been watering the plants with tap-water and they've been basking in some very hot/shiny sun.

-FTG

15. buy some ferts theyll look a lot better

16. yeah ur plant is looking sweet

17. lookin good yea hope that one is a female too... its been thru some shit :) but a good learning experiance tho ;)

18. Well, the day has come for me to put this little one onto a flowering schedule. I got my timer and my light in. The light is a 400watt HPS. I don't have any ventilation (yet) just a fan that ocillates.
    I know my grow-room setup is kind of ghetto, but I'm on a budget. I'll get all the fancy shit later. I just want to be able to get this thing sexed already. I'm dying to know if it is a boy or girl.

[​IMG]

She's only grown a couple of inches since I last photo'ed her (four days ago). I'm hoping that the 400watt HPS will make her grow leaps and bounds as well as produce some nice fat-ass buds!!! The closet is white and I didn't think i'd hvae to spray-paint the little shelving it's on. I'm eventually going to mylar the corner where the plant(s) will be. For now, this should get me by. It's more of an expriment :)

[​IMG]

Cody: Thanks man, I'm SERIOUSLY prayin' for a gal! I'll be disappointed but I already have a backup that's almost 1/2 this one's size in almost 1/2 the time!! (Good strain bag-seed, I guess I got lucky!)

Nicho & Wookie: Thanks for the compliments. She's lookin healthier and hopefully now that she's not outside, she'll stay that way (away from those damn pesky flies)

Can anyone recommend a good flowering nute? One that I can find locally. Wal-mart, K-mart, Home-depot...etc. I've seen Shultz, but the one's I've seen have all been for specific items (ie: cactus, orchids...etc) Also, has anyone tried this stuff (PIC 1 PIC 2 for veg'ing? Is it good, bad...what?

-FTG

19. Your light is TOO FAR away from the plant, it should be at least 8 inches away from the top of that beautiful plant man. any ferts with a higher p than n and k ratio is good for flowering, just make sure that it's not severe, I don't think you need to go any higher than the 20 number in p for flowering.

20. Okay, the light is about 10-12" away from the top most part of the plant.

I'm still trying to figure out what kind of nute to buy....Any recommendations? As I said, something I can find locally preferably.

Thanks a ton, this is turning out to be really fun and I've learned so much already!:hello:

-FTG