First time grower. How does it look so far?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by urcinus, Nov 21, 2011.

1. [quote name='"4Jo2nes0"']Dude!! Looks delicious!!!

Lol wish I had 2lbs of GDP lol

Did you use the waste bud and trimmings for hash?[/quote]

In the process of using the waste for butter and hash. It should turn out awesome alot of good small buds went into it :)))

2. [quote name='"urcinus"']

In the process of using the waste for butter and hash. It should turn out awesome alot of good small buds went into it :)))[/quote]

Beast!!! I plan on doing this as well. What extraction method are you using for the hash?? I was thinking of going bho(butane). Feel free to post pics of your hash and edibles! :D (I like pictures lol)

I got about 3 or 4 more Weeks tool harvest, I definitely plan to use my trim and popcorn nugs and make maybe a stick of butter, and a decent size vial of hash oil... And process the oil a little more to make a thick wax, or budder. :D I really want to try smoking some budder/wax lol

Check out my girl! Super sour og. (blueberry x sour dieselx og Kush)x lost coast og

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Hope ya don't mind a couple pics. :) day 40 I believe

3. looking great! wow loot at all thows buds. but (not hating just suggestion) should of trim more of the bottom little buds off. i like all my buds to be nice and big at the top. but other then that holy fuck

4. [quote name='"pinkbear"']looking great! wow loot at all thows buds. but (not hating just suggestion) should of trim more of the bottom little buds off. i like all my buds to be nice and big at the top. but other then that holy fuck[/quote]

Lol thanks for the compliment and suggestion. I do plan on doing a little pruning this weekend, but I planned on just growing this one out pretty much to see how it yields and such. I have multiple clones of her already, so next grow I'll lollipop her out. ;)

5. Looks nice!!! This grow was a good experience. I should be starting another here soon. I post as soon as I get the clones in. Total investment for last crop was about $1100. That nurts, electric, clones, and misc.

6. and 2nd note. back off the nutes a little look at all thows burnt tips =)

7. [quote name='"pinkbear"']and 2nd note. back off the nutes a little look at all thows burnt tips =)[/quote]

Haha yeah, that was from a while ago, accidentally dropped my bloom nutes in my water. Lol ppm was at about 9k. Lol it's down to 1.5 now.

8. Now, did he only get 2lbs from 24 because of the strain, or what? Ive heard of some outdoor plants getting a pound or more per plant? Is that true? Sorry, just a noob grower asking fir guidance: p

9. [quote name='"Moosieman"']Now, did he only get 2lbs from 24 because of the strain, or what? Ive heard of some outdoor plants getting a pound or more per plant? Is that true? Sorry, just a noob grower asking fir guidance: p[/quote]

I would guess a little of the strain, and a little of how large the 24 plants were.

Outdoors a lot of strains yield more than indoors, yes that's possible to get around a lb from one outdoor plant, long as the plant is coded to be a heavy producer.
    A big reason they yield so much is how huge they get. Some strains can grow over 10 feet!!! Imagine all the bud lol

10. [quote name='"4Jo2nes0"']

I would guess a little of the strain, and a little of how large the 24 plants were.

Outdoors a lot of strains yield more than indoors, yes that's possible to get around a lb from one outdoor plant, long as the plant is coded to be a heavy producer.
    A big reason they yield so much is how huge they get. Some strains can grow over 10 feet!!! Imagine all the bud lol[/quote]

Holy shit! Thatd be alot of GDP! And when you said the size of the plants, were you implying the GDP were small? Sorry, pictures on the app is messed up.

11. [quote name='"Moosieman"']

Holy shit! Thatd be alot of GDP! And when you said the size of the plants, were you implying the GDP were small? Sorry, pictures on the app is messed up.[/quote]

Haha exactly!
    Yeah, I think the plans were kinda small height wise, but I'm using the app too lol.

Maybe under 2 feet each? (kind of a guess)

12. [quote name='"4Jo2nes0"']

Haha exactly!
    Yeah, I think the plans were kinda small height wise, but I'm using the app too lol.

Maybe under 2 feet each? (kind of a guess)[/quote]

Oh wow, those are pretty small!
    I was looking at the outdoor strain guide, and I was thinking about growing:

Barneys Farm Red Dragon and Barneys Farm Blue Cheese. He got like 3-5 pounds with each. So Im hoping that with rookie mistakes Ill get like Pound each. or atleast im hoping.

13. [quote name='"Moosieman"']

Oh wow, those are pretty small!
    I was looking at the outdoor strain guide, and I was thinking about growing:

Barneys Farm Red Dragon and Barneys Farm Blue Cheese. He got like 3-5 pounds with each. So Im hoping that with rookie mistakes Ill get like Pound each. or atleast im hoping.[/quote]

Good luck buddy!

I'm looking to growing my super sour og outdoors when it warms up a bit. Plant is said to do a lb if tied down well. :)
    I'm hoping for a couple oz from my current ssog in flower.

Next run I'll try and see if I can get a bunch of little clones running at the same time. :)

14. [quote name='"4Jo2nes0"']

Good luck buddy!

I'm looking to growing my super sour og outdoors when it warms up a bit. Plant is said to do a lb if tied down well. :)
    I'm hoping for a couple oz from my current ssog in flower.

Next run I'll try and see if I can get a bunch of little clones running at the same time. :)[/quote]

I really only want enough to keep me smoking till next harvest. Which would only be about 3ounces if I kept up my 3.5gs every two weeks. But if I had more I could just sell it or, god forbid, smoke more ahaha

15. [quote name='"Moosieman"']

I really only want enough to keep me smoking till next harvest. Which would only be about 3ounces if I kept up my 3.5gs every two weeks. But if I had more I could just sell it or, god forbid, smoke more ahaha[/quote]

Haha chances are you'll end up smoking more once you have more. :)

If you get a good outdoor strain, I'd suggest cutting some clones to have a couple plants going. To ensure a large harvest and to keep your plant alive

16. [quote name='"4Jo2nes0"']

Haha chances are you'll end up smoking more once you have more. :)

If you get a good outdoor strain, I'd suggest cutting some clones to have a couple plants going. To ensure a large harvest and to keep your plant alive[/quote]

Wouldnt that require me to keep them going indoors, during the cold winter months? I can only do this outside.

17. [quote name='"Moosieman"']

Wouldnt that require me to keep them going indoors, during the cold winter months? I can only do this outside.[/quote]

If you do it early enough you can just have the clones grow outdoors and end up harvesting multiple plants.

the options to keep it for next year, for you, would be seeds.

over ripen marijuana plants will produce seeds on it's own in order to live so if you have a separate clone growing just too over grow and make seeds, that would ensure you have the exactly same plant next year. Also colloidal silver spray can make your plant Hermie and self pollinate. But you can't smoke it if you sprayed it with silver

18. [quote name='"4Jo2nes0"']

If you do it early enough you can just have the clones grow outdoors and end up harvesting multiple plants.

the options to keep it for next year, for you, would be seeds.

over ripen marijuana plants will produce seeds on it's own in order to live so if you have a separate clone growing just too over grow and make seeds, that would ensure you have the exactly same plant next year. Also colloidal silver spray can make your plant Hermie and self pollinate. But you can't smoke it if you sprayed it with silver[/quote]

How early can you clone them? And Im kinda worried about the winter coming in fast and hard at the end of the year...

19. [quote name='"Moosieman"']

How early can you clone them? And Im kinda worried about the winter coming in fast and hard at the end of the year...[/quote]

You can clone pretty soon.

Um, not sure exactly, I usually clone whenever I have some good branches to work with.

I would think if your plant is doing well and grows pretty fast, maybe 2-3 Weeks?

20. [quote name='"4Jo2nes0"']

You can clone pretty soon.

Um, not sure exactly, I usually clone whenever I have some good branches to work with.

I would think if your plant is doing well and grows pretty fast, maybe 2-3 Weeks?[/quote]

After germing? holy shit!