First time grower. HELP

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by litswd, Jan 27, 2014.

1. Hi everybody,I am really new to growing. I germinated my seeds in a wet paper towel for 3 days already. They have a little kinda tail coming out. How long do they need to germinate for? How do I know when it's time to plant them? I am planting them in a small pot of soil to start. I read somewhere that in the beginning they need 24 hour light. Is this true? I have a 6400k light bulb for each little seed in its own pot. Is that enough. They are indoors at a good temperature in a dark spot (besides the lamp). I don't plan on using any fertilizer. Any tips would help. Also, do the plants really stink. I'm kinda trying to hide them so... Thanx ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1390827179.916319.jpg

2. That is the first root you are seeing from your seed. Usually takes 2 days for the first root to break from the seed. 
    Anyways, you need to plant it already in your chosen growing medium.plant it about 14 or 1/3 of an inch deep. Not too deep cos the little rascal will die for not being able to shoot out more roots.
    Make sure soil is a bit loose and not to sticky 
    PLant the seed with its roots pointing down and not up. 
    Once in veg and growing first set of leaves, you can put 24 hour light cycle yes.
    Do not use light unless you see the first set of leaves. :) The roots don't need light so make sure they are not exposed to light or else roots will commit suicide :)
    Do not use ferts the first few weeks (2 weeks in my case) cos your soil should have enough for that period. You might burn the baby with it.
    Do not let the soil get dry or your baby will die but do not flood it with water either. 
    Make sure there is warmth and moist. 

LASTLY, have fun growing them :)  :metal:

3. Thank you very much. You probably just saved my plant. I planted them in soil earlier today and had a light on them :(, I turned off the light. Do I need a lot of warmth? Should I put a heating pad near the plant? There in my room which is about 65 degrees. Also, how much light do I need? How many watts? I saw people with fans by their plant. Do I need a fan? ThnxSent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

4. You want the temp between 70-79 , I usually put in a cup of icecubes in to bring the level down , I don't have a fan I circulate because it's in a closet with no cords near by leading to the closet . After about 4 or 5 days it will start getting ridged leaves I'll upload a picture of mine later I'm about a week and 2 days in

5. [quote name="Brownkid" post="19441885" timestamp="1391189195"]You want the temp between 70-79 , I usually put in a cup of icecubes in to bring the level down , I don't have a fan I circulate because it's in a closet with no cords near by leading to the closet . After about 4 or 5 days it will start getting ridged leaves I'll upload a picture of mine later I'm about a week and 2 days in[/quote]Thanks. I'm 7 days in. It has a few leaves. I can't tell if it's stretching too much or not. I got 2 more 30 w 6500k daylight cfls. The light is pretty strong now it has about 4000 lumens. It's much warmer than I expected. It's getting to like 80-85 degrees since I put the lights in so I'm gonna put a fan. I think it's growing pretty well. I don't want to grow it too much so I'm not sure yet if I should lst it or just fim it. I'm gonna switch to 12/12 and 2700k soft wight lights for flowering in about a month. I'm not looking for too big a yield and I have to keep it a secret from the neighbors so I don't want it to smell too strong. Does anyone know if I should lst even if I'm only gonna veg for 4 weeks? Thanks ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1391274824.291442.jpg Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

6. How's your plant doing now man? Here's mine ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1396354652.193976.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

7. You'll wanna keep vegging mine been almost 2 months

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum