First time grower, good so far

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by toxic post, Oct 26, 2016.

1. image.png image.png image.png im 5 and a half days into my first plant (shining silver haze - royal queen seeds).

My second plant is 4 days in, critical kush (rq seeds).

3rd is pineapple kush (rq seeds), about a day in, and a second ss haze is germinating currently.

Tell me how it looks for a this long, ill tell u my specs n everything

2. First plant using bio bizx lite mix (for 1 week then xplanting into compo sana soil with 8 week nutrients),

Everything else started in compo sana 4L, i played around with amount of perlites just to see how it is.

I do 18h light 6h night, 400w light w reflectors and shining material all over.

2 fans running

Dutch tap water (one of cleanest in the world)

Feedings, ph balance, etc will be done in a few days. I have not decided on how mucn nutrients to add, if at all. So maybe i can get some tips.

Thank u in advance and happy growing.

3. Update: my temperature with lights on is a steady 29-30c, which is too high.
    Will install my inline carbon filter in second week of seedling stage, i read somewhere seedlings are not affected too much by temp right now.

4. Btw folks, any comment is greatly appreciated.

Its my first time growing, and any validation will do wonders to my motivation :)

5. No young seedling is going to need much in the way of nutes until later on in the game. For some reason, your pics are slow to load, but always post pics taken of your plants under natural lighting. The yellow makes it where you can't tell anything about the plant. Stay away from water or feed until the root system has formed, which will depend on how large a container you've started them in and how much soil they have to root into. Never water your plants until they are at least 80-90% dry because they don't like their roots sitting in constant moisture. Read up on tending the plant before you do anything to them. They are still babies at just a few days old and until they get their root systems in place, they're not going to do much growing....that you can see, or use water or need fed. The soil you're using should easily take care of them for the first few weeks in, if it's of any quality at all. If you're using a true formulated grow soil, it is specifically designed for these plants and you will need even less extra additives. Nutes aren't magic...just plant food. The thing that will determine how large your plant grows, how much you harvest and how quickly it all happens, is THE most important piece of equipment you own...your lighting. You need enough wattage and space for each plant so that the light can easily penetrate the canopy as far as possible to get the most and best bud development per plant. No crowding plants together because you want to flower 10 plants and only have a light that could cover 2. LOL You just shoot yourself in the foot that way. A 400 watt lamp, honestly, is only enough wattage for about 1 plant in my book, and you can always harvest more from a single plant that is well tended and that gets adequate lighting than you can by trying to flower 3 in the same space. It is what it is. In the beginning, I thought I should be able to flower 20 plants at a time. I realized pretty quickly that it didn't work that way. We doubled our lighting and I can flower about 8 plants at a time and have each really do it's best. But you'll figure it all out in time. It's a process and takes a little time to put it all together. Just depend more on your lights than nutes. If you use them, take the time to read up on what they are, what the plant needs and when during it's life it needs what. It's need change from veg to flower and it will use more of some nutrients than others. The more informed you are about what you're doing, the better result you will have. But again, using a good quality grow soil cuts out a lot of the need for dealing with nutes. ALWAYS give less than recommended by the maker when doing a soil grow because most all soils have nutes in them and you can put more in, but you can't take it out once you've put it in. It's better to be safe than sorry. Best of luck. TWW