Grasscity - Cyber Week Sale - up to 50% Discount

First time grower cannabis flowering

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by YvngStonie, Sep 28, 2022.

1. So I am growing an outdoor plant, it has mostly brown pistils with some white pistols left. I don’t want to let it go for too long and degrade the potency. I believe it is in week 8 of flowering or week 9

2. I suggest getting a jewelers loupe or, my personal preference, a pocket microscope. They're like 15 bucks on Amazon. You can then look at the trichomes of the plants and you'll be able to see they are either clear, milky white, or turning amber. They turn dark as they start to degrade. Milky is the ideal spot as that's when the THC is at its peak. People will try for 15-25% amber as that will help ensure you have no clear trichomes cause they are basically underdeveloped.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. To add I know the solstice is July 22 this year so the days get shorter from there. I'm looking for an exact time otherwise the whole 8 week advert seems like nonsense

4. Sorry I thought I was back on my post haha whoops.

5. Being an outdoor plant, I'm guessing it's not ready.......unless it's some weird strain. Pictures would help.

6. Welcome to the City.
    Outside Cannabis starts to flower in August and finishes 8-10-12 weeks later in October. Some long running Sativa strains can run past the first of the year in temperate climates.

I wait until the white hairs are receded and remaining hairs have all gone orange.

BNW

7. So I guess my question is how accurate do you think the flowering times are on a site like say ilgm?

8. As a general guideline it is OK if a bit on the optimistic side. On-site visual inspection is always best. I've got 15 and they are all going to finish wild spaced this fall. I've already taken some and others have weeks yet to go.

BNW

• Like Like x 1
  9. You're a legend! Thanks for the advice :)

• Like Like x 1