(First time grower)3 1/2 months and only 11 1/2 inches and Flowering?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Jsaltray53, Oct 16, 2009.

1. #1 Jsaltray53, Oct 16, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2009
    1 Plant indoors in soil, 2 75w HPS lights. 3 1/2 months and only 11 1/2 inches and Flowering?
    Basically, Got the seed from a bag trew it in the yard in early july. The soil it intiallly grew out of was Co. Clay with Org Top Soil. Remained outside untill mid august, was repotted with extended solid feed (3 month feed). has been indoors sicne under the bulbs in the pic below, it started flowering? on a 18/6 shed; so now its goin 12/12. it in a closet so light ussualy isnt a issue but my gf does go in there quite a bit so i got a paper bag over it at night rigged with airflow to keep it dark. the average temp with lights on is about 78-81F, off 66-68F. Lights are gettho rigged, have to turn one off when at work.
    Issues: Twisted leaf?, white tipped leaves? Early Flowering? Height? Growth Time? Pain in the a** fungus flies? 3 Bladed leaves?

Attached Files:

2. unfortunately i'd have to say no. there are certain strains that would remain really small, i think lowryder does that, but slang is weed because it grows like one. a few quick questions...

1) how has it been fed over the course of its life?

2) what was the ground like where it was growing outside? (lots of clay? sand? etc..)

3) from seed or clone?

4) what is it in now? 100% soil? (did you mix any perlite, vermiculite, peat moss, etc..)

3. 1) how has it been fed over the course of its life?
    All natural organic soil over colorado clay.

2) what was the ground like where it was growing outside? (lots of clay? sand? etc..)
    clay with top soil.

3) from seed or clone?
    seed

4) what is it in now? 100% soil? (did you mix any perlite, vermiculite, peat moss, etc..)
    Soil, with some 3 month fertelizer.

4. Are you sure those are HPS bulbs?

5. I edited some of the info.
    P.S. think is still worth the effort __black_water__!?!?

6. yeah picked em up at hardware store. pic looks weird cuzs theres a mirror behind the plant.

7. least that what the dude told me, there made by phillips and there 75w and they say reflector agro.?

8. Probably not HPS lights if they didn't run you up $20 per bulb.
    That might be part of the problem.
    They might be HPS or HID but they don't seem like the right kind from those pics?
    If there is no ballast or small box or something used to run those bulbs likely not hps.

Get some "CFL" from walmart $10 for two pack of GE 26w 100w equivalent make sure they say 2700k on them and set them up for 12/12.

9. hey thanks man i think your right, anyways heres the lights i got i found em on the net

[​IMG]
    Philips 75 Watt 120 Volt BR30 Plant Grow Reflector Bulb
    \t\t\t[​IMG] \t\t\t \t \t \t\t\t \t \t\t\t [​IMG]

\t\t\t \t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t \t\t\t \t\t\t \t [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

\t\t\t\t\t\t\t
    \t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t
    \t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t
    \t\t\t\t\t\t\t
    \t\t\t\t\t\t\t
    \t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t
    \t\t\t\t\t\t [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] \t\t\t [​IMG]

[​IMG] Technical Specs [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Philips 75W 120V Agro-Plant Light Screw Base BR-30 Bulge Reflector Flood Plant Grow Lamp (dia. 3 3-4" length 5 3-8") [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. Well,
    you have proven those bulbs work! I will give you that! :hello:
    Not bad to be honest with those bulbs man! Looks like you'll actually have some smoke. Nice work.

Couple CFL bulbs and a few hanging lamp sockets should beef your plant right up!

11. #11 __black_water__, Oct 16, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2009
    first off i would say definitely keep going with it... even if you only get a few grams from it, it's not a whole lot of work and smoking your own homegrown is very satisfying.

hmm well i guess the outdoor conditions wont change anything now, but for future, clay is not so great to plant on. outdoor roots grow deep and wide and they just can't really get through clay that well.

i'm not a fan of slow-release fertilizer but what's done is done.. unless you want to transplant that thing. if you just started flowering its got another 65+ days, but i've never transplanted in flowering before so i don't know how good it is for the plant, but hey, you dont have much to lose right? (no offense) do what the other guy said and get more/better lights. if you don't feel like spending the money, then keep what you have. if you think you'll be growing again, then definitely make sure you're set up properly in the light department.

in all honesty, given your plants growing conditions and history, and the fact that its already in flowering, i dont think it will grow a whole lot taller. probably some, but dont expect anything crazy. most of that vertical gain is in veg... i've heard plants will double in height during flowering, from a few different places, but my grow experience has never showed this. i usually top my plants tho so that would affect it :D again, get more light on it ASAP (if you plan on growing again in the future), the longer you wait the less growth you get!

re: 3-bladed leaves. nothing to be worried about, this is related to the maturity level of the plant. nutrition plays a role in the way leaves look, as do genetics.

12. thanks for the advice guys!
    I got one more ???? tho!!!
    Twisted leaf(s)?

and a pic of some nug growth for fun.

Attached Files:

13. the plant actually looks pretty good... its hard to tell tho with that camera and the tinge of light, does the plant have purple all thru it's leaves?? what kinda weather was it seeing before you brought it indoors..?

and if that is the only place on the plant that a leaf is twisted, then i would ignore it. probably got bent while you were working around it. if it starts happening a lot, then you have a nutrient problem.

14. yeah sorry about the pic its via cellphone thats why the color looks a litte funny but its really not that purple its vains have a little but not much, the weahter in Co was rather freaky this summer; real hot and early mornings follwed by rain and cool nights. the temp on the plants now is about 78 Degrees F with lights on and about 68 off. i have 2 fans and that i alternate on and off to give the plant circulation. but honestly its pretty getho rigged system i have to off one of the lights for about 5 hours a day when i work just for saftey concers. Its Located in my closet so it gets pretty dark at night but my gf likes to go in the closet so i cover it up with a brown paper bag that i rigged to have air flow. So all in all is been a pretty rough grow and im stilled a little concerned but i will grab thos cfl bulbs and see if that improves the sitch. let me kno if ya got ne more advice cuz id really like to up my yeild!!

15. hey dude who ever told you those bulbs were HPS was so full of sh*t its shocking lol

you mentioned twisted leafs, twisted new growth is a sign of PH issues, but i guess your not to bothered, as your not going 'all out' tryin to grow her

16. Far as Ph goes ne thing i can do to regulate that without having to purchase a ph tester and whatever?