First time grow with cabinet I need some advice.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by FistinPiston, Jan 16, 2013.

1. Hello guys, long time user first time poster here. I recently came into possession of a cabinet that was supposed to be used for hydroponics, but the more I read the more I realized it's too much for me to worry about in maintaining it and keeping it a safe environment so I decided to grow the plants in pots with soil and perlite instead.

Out of 6 seeds that I planted only 2 survived and continued to grow, the 4 that died were the ones that were going hydroponically, they stayed in the fetal sprout position for about 13 days so I just did away with them. The two that lived were in a pot of soil that I found on my porch from a few years back. They sprouted within a night and a half and by the 3rd day had developed the first two starting bottom leaves and pedals. Today, the 5th day, the leaves are a bit longer and greener, so it feels good so far.

As for the lights they are about 3 feet above the plants, is that going to be a problem? I also have powdered nutes/food that I was supposed to mix into the reservoir will I be able to mix that in my spray bottle and use it to feed them?

I have some pictures I'd post but I'm a little paranoid.

2. NEVER add any nutrient of any kind to a premature plant buddy!! Look, there is enough N,k in your soil for seedling's and your premature little ones. You never mentioned which lights you are using? Carefully watch your temps in the space do you have a thermometer ?? And some pics would help alot my friend! peace

3. #3 FistinPiston, Jan 16, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2013
    I don't even know what type of lights they are I just know it came with 3 veg lights and 3 bloom and they're bright as hell. Stealth Hydroponic Grow Box PC Style Grow Cabinet 2 ft Box XL 3 Foot Tall Box | eBay I have the 3 Ft box. The main problem getting the plants to grow was the fact it didn't come with clay pellets or rockwool or anything like that, the instructions it came with said to use the peat pellets for the whole grow but the soil was constantly muddy it was disgusting.

BTW I thought the point of hydroponics was to avoid soils and to use solutions instead. I want to switch back and try again but I don't know what to use as a medium.
    It didn't come with a thermometer or PH Pen or anything like that either, I'm hoping to pick one up today after I get my check.

Attached Files:

4. Mmmm... Your definitely running HID prob. 250w or 400w (most likely 250w) !! Ok the 3ft growbox u have is going to limit you on your pot size's! i'm not into hydro more of a organic expert! haha 250W HID (Veg light would be MetalHalide = Blue whitish spectrum which increases the growth and strength of new seedlings and plants stil in pre-flowering stages) and the bloom lights are HighPressureSodium lights (Which is more red/orange specrum which wil be excellent for flowering your babies), you would want to keep your tops atleast 1ft away (even further is better) so your limmited to about 1.5 - 2 gal pots, otherwise your plants will BURN (they wil get too big for your box, remember when u switch to flowering stage the plant strectches up to 3 time's it length example = if ur plant is 1ft now and you switch to flower mode in 2 weeks youl end up with a 3ft plant, understand???) + another tip is to wait until those little fellows rootbound their pots and then transpot them into 1.5 gal's i would say (remember to cut roots when you transpot at the sides), by the way its looking good and keep up te good word and keep GC going for what its meant, the sharing of knoladge and the moral value of fellow tokers helping eachother!!! peace

5. Thank you for the guidance I really appreciate it, the roots are getting stronger every day hopefully I'll be able to transfer it soon. Also the box was made for up to 8 plants (hydroponically) so I'm thinking I should get at least 5 more going.

6. copy this into google:

grow 8 oz of bud for under $100

First option should say PDF.Free book there.

Best read for new growers IMO,and it's free.

Never mind what lights he uses.Which is amazing.

He shows you a day by day grow.

Enjoy...