first time grow pictures, and questions

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by chrisnojen117, Jul 6, 2008.

1. [​IMG]hey, this is a first time grow of marijuana germinated from seeds obtained through the purchase's of weed, not a seed bank unfortunately. the light being used is a halogen day light mimicker bulb. the soil is new, and they are watered, let dry and watered again in that cycle, is this ok? also the lights are left on 24-7 though shut off occasionally for short periods of time is that ok? the seeds are supposedly super silver haze, haze, and starwberry cough. there is no proof of these seeds origin, though can anyone tell by looking weather or not these seedlings look like the possible strains? please comment, and give positive constructive feedback, on if there is something else which should be being done, also maybe some info on proper feeding, all that is being provided currently is water.[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Not too sure about your choice of lighting ive never heard of halogen used for growing plants and they look a little stretched. I think the main problem with halogen is that you can't get the light close enough to the plants because it puts off too much heat.

You might want to try and throw a few CFL's in there, full spec or daylight for the CFL's.'

AS for the light cycle periods of interruptions are fine the only problem you might have with that kind of thing is in budding if it has its dark period interrupted it could revert back to veg.

Water sounds good as for nutes not sure exactly when you should start adding nutes but when you do just pick up any kind of nutes from the store like miracle gro or any of the brand names. A lot of people prefer nutes that you mix into water. I personaly use the MG bloom nutes with the micronutrients, find something with micronutrients theyre really good for your plants. Use half the recomended amount I hear its best for MJ plants.
    Good luck

3. Those look super stretched, get some diff lights, even the spiral florescent would work better and you can get them super close since they don't give off much heat.

Also I would not post pictures through places like imageshack and photobucket. Little risky.

4. Definitly change that light out, i made that mistake the first time i grew. and if your going to leave your light on 24/0 and try and give them some dark time, its best to be repeditive and just keep your timer on 23/1,22/2. because if you just turn off the light randomly each day then it could mess with their cycle and cause problems later. i have my timer set to 20/4 (20 on / 4 off) just to give them a couple hours a day break.