First Time Grow- Outdoor

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by jada542, Nov 23, 2013.

1. What's up blades, been a member for a while but finally getting round to posting now.

Anyway, a few days ago I planted one seed I found in a sack of Cherry Pie (super fire strain btw) and it sprouted yesterday. I live in a pretty moderate location in terms of temperature, with days currently averaging 60-65 and nights about 45-50. Not sure the exact name of the soil, but it's a really nice looking dark, rich soil. Sunrise is 7 AM and sunset is 5 PM. Due to my living situation, growing outdoors is my only option. I have the plant in a pretty big flowerpot in a forest area behind my house that no one else has access to, only me.

My question for you guys is do I even have a chance at yielding any decent herb from this plant? I know it's a bit early to tell male/female, but assuming it's a female, what is the yield looking to be? I'm no expert, but I believe due to the winter light cycle right now, my plant will go straight into flowering rather than veg, thus lowering the plants potential growth. What are your guys' opinions? If I get around to it and if anybody would care I could post some pictures as I go. Thanks blades!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2. Anyone?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3. You're not going to get much, if anything from this plant.  Photosynthesis slows considerably below 65 and stops completely around 55.   7-5 is only giving you 10 hours of light, and most of that will be oblique and partially/mostly obscured by the trees, so your plant is going to have limited light and sub-par temps. (Around 80 is ideal) The plant needs a lot of energy to produce buds, and it wont get it in the environment you describe.  Having no veg time in any grow will limit you to one cola and a few smaller buds at most. Save your seeds for next spring.

If and when you get a plant going though, don't bother asking for yield estimates.  That's like asking your doctor what your child's body mass will be as an adult when he tells you you or your girl are pregnant.  Anyone attempting that estimate has more ego than knowledge.  There are way too many variables for ANYONE to make a reasonable guess:  Genetics, phenotype, quantity of light, quality/wavelength of light, nutrients used, soil used, strain, training technique, temperature, humidity, pests, ad infinitum.  If you posted a pic of a plant a week from harvest and asked people to guess yield, you might get something close, but that's a guess somewhere along the lines of a "how many jelly beans in the jar" contest.  I just harvested a couple indoor plants and got about four ounces off of each.  Some plants grown outdoors can yield pounds per plant.  Your yield could be anywhere in that range.  I always say to treat it like Christmas or a birthday, you just have to wait to see what you get.