first time grow need some help

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by chadman2113, May 16, 2011.

1. i started the plants on 4/24 from seeds and i realized after research and some help that i needed way more light im using 1 soft white 68 watt cfl with 4200 lumens and 2700k a 42 watt cfl 2600 lumens and 2700k a 27 watt cfl and a 14 watt cfl. i dont know if i should move them outside after a certain amount of time or keep growing in my closet. i worried about the smell and size, how much do they smell durring flowering and harvesting? i know there almost a month old and really small but thats because i didnt have enough light at first. il post pictures of my setup and plants so you guys can help thanks.

Attached Files:

2. if you're worried about smell due to someone you live with not being okay with it (parent, roommate, etc) then don't grow indoors. they WILL find out. Don't worry about the police for a closet grow, and even like a building manager shouldn't be a huge deal.

Leave your lights on 18-24 hours a day. I just started going 24/7 through veg and the plants dig it.

You seem to have enough light, the daylight bulbs would be better for this part but what you have is fine. get them literally as close to the plants as you possibly can without them touching (2-6 inches)

other than that youre looking alright. I'd start new though and wouldn't hang on to month-old plants that are still that small, they've probably been tapped out with stress. You can get plants like yours in about 10 days from seed, but it's up to you.

good luck man

3. thank you so much but i think i might do what you say and buy seeds. what is a autoflowering seed/strain ive seen post about them but should i get one of those and whats a good seed bank

4. hempdepot, attitude, and single seed centre are the best

and an autoflowering strain is one that flowers by itself, rather than relying on photoperiod.

normally you'll veg in 18-24 hours of light daily, then when you want to switch to flower, you change the lights to 12on/12off. Autoflowering strains, you just leave on 18/6 or 20/4 through the entire cycle and they flower by themselves around week 4-6.

great for beginners, but the drawbacks are that you can't take clones or control the plant's size.

5. i might try the autoflowering then and is it ok if i start them inside then place them in a sunny spot in the woods to flower ( i have fencing so the deer dont enjoy my plant before me)