First time grow need advice

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Killuminati3001, Jun 27, 2018.

1. Hey all from Canada trying my first grow to get ready before legalization.

Created an armoire grow box on the fly due to cost, space, and stealth restrictions. There's currently two 70w mh under reflectors I ripped out from old light fixtures I found (had to get creative to keep the cost down).

I got two plants grown from bagseed. No info as to strain type, all info I have is that the two were from bomb a** bags that I grabbed. Don't remember if the bud was the same in the bags but the plants look similar. They are both approx 3 weeks since they broke surface. So far running them 18/6 and only bottled water (no money for pH meter yet) but so far they seem pretty healthy. Havent started any nutrients yet. How do they look?

I need some advice moving forward. So far they look like females but not sure. Also since they are from bagseed and I have no knowledge of strain type And also since this my very first grow, should I consider topping? Or just let them grow as is. I have tied some fan leaves down and moved them so that the new leaves can get light.

Also what kind of nutrients do you suggest as my knowledge is limited.

Any suggestions or comments will be of great help and definitely appreciated!! Cheers!

Attached Files:

2. Do some research on LST. Tying down those fan leaves won’t accomplish anything. Then research on defoliation.

Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  3. When you mean bagseeds do you mean you found the seeds in bud you've smoked? You gotta be careful with those seeds because there's a chance they can be hermaphrodite.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Welcome fellow canadian im in ontario. They should start nutrients now also i would top them now depending if u want them bushier and more top colas. If u want a pic of the nutes i use ill send u one. Where abouts are u does your city have a grow store ? Also start them off weak quarter strength for 1st week or so .

5. Dont feed them just for the sake of feeding them.....Being Indica Dominant (thick broad leaves), they most likely will need nutes before long, BUT, right now they are healthy and show ZERO signs of needing supplimentation...Never feed a plant that doesn't need it....Your organic mix is carrying them just fine for now....they will let you know when they need feeding...Any quality COMPLETE formula works with organic mixes, and use it sparingly when you do....There are no SECRET recipes....get that pH meter soon as possible...When you DO start supplimenting, your gonna need it...they look great...YT

• Like Like x 1
  6. Sorry for double post but for some reason I can't edit my last one. I just wanted to throw out that your plants look great so far! Keep up the good work and keep running the lights at 18/6. When you want the plants to flower you'll then switch the light schedule to 12/12.

7. During my first grow, i grew 6 plants from bag seed. All of them turned out to be female. In my second grow, I used 4 bag seed. All these 4 turned out to be female as well. In my opinion if you get seeds from really good quality weed, most likely it will be feminized seed. It just my experience so far.
    Also don’t be afraid to top. Its the most easiest form of any type of training. You can actually top 3-4 times to get multiple colas. If you think some fan leaves are blocking major light below just take them off. Taking out few leaves doesn’t hurt the plant. Don’t be afraid to take leaves off when plants become really bushy. Its more beneficial than harmful.
    PH is a very important part of the grow. Try to get a Ph meter. Even though you are using bottled water it still needs to be ph adjusted if you are not using dolomite lime or any other ph buffering stuff. You can get cheap chinese ph meter from amazon below $20 and would last you atleast 6 months. I am using mine for last 8 months and got it for $20 from ebay. Its called Kkmoon trimeter. It has temperature, Ph and Ppm functions.
    For nutes during veg you want to focus more on nitrogen. reaearch kelp and alfa alfa tea and compost tea. Also fish fertilizers are great and have tons of nitrogen and really affordable that you can put in the same tea you brew. For me, I feel these are the most crucial nutes during veg.
    Finally do a lot of research. Keep reading and practice what you have learned. You are bound to make some mistakes but thats how you learn.
    I know it is a very exciting time for you. Have fun growing.

2nd led soil grow. End approaching

8. Yea they are seeds I found from bags of bud from my dealer (he usually has pretty dank products). Planted them and hoped for the best!

9. I've done some reading on lst and am willing to try it, it's just that the main stems are pretty thick and I don't want to hurt or shock the plant. Not to confident yet I guess lol they so pretty I don't wanna hurt them. But I'll start by gently pulling the main stems to a side I giess?

10. Hey bud! Thankful for one of the only good things trudeu did eh lol.

Im in Durham and there's a hydroponic store close by that has a selection of nutrients products. I'll take the pic if you got it, been doing a lot of research on nutes but strapped for cash (you can relate knowing living in Ontario) and looking for affordable options to invest into at least two grows.

Would it be possible to transplant the tops that I cut off? Im not sure if it's possible they are auto flowers or not but willing to try cloning. I wanna train myself for a perpetual grow so I don't have to rely on gvt bud.

Since it's my first grow don't wanna harm the girls, they been looking at me all nice so far. Confidence level not there yet

• Like Like x 1
  11. Thanks! Working on getting a pH meter, ordered one from wish but it's probably gonna get here by next year...fml

12. Thanks for the info! Didn't know about the fish fertilizers good call. Your success with bagseed is a good confidence booster.

I would wanna try planting the tops that I take off if it's possible? Could I at least try it with bagseed plants?

Been doing a lot of research but also cash is limited so trying to digest all the info and invest in some proper nutrients.

Will look into the pH meter suggested.

Cheers!