First time grow, is she ready?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by dpunk77, Oct 15, 2013.

1. My first home grown plant, well into the flowering stage, im told shes nearly ready to go but would be good to get a 2nd opinion and rough estimate of time till harvest. it was outdoors planted earlier this year recently brought indoors due to the weather being bad. going from a book i have i know to look for the pistils turning orange but most of them are still white with some (very few) orange ones coming through. any help would be much appreciated, cheers!

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      93.6 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      111.6 KB
      Views:
    • 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      68 KB
      Views:
    • 4.jpg
      4.jpg
      File size:
      103.4 KB
      Views:
    • 5.jpg
      5.jpg
      File size:
      79.9 KB
      Views:
    • 6.jpg
      6.jpg
      File size:
      105.7 KB
      Views:
    • 7.jpg
      7.jpg
      File size:
      111.5 KB
      Views:
    • 8.jpg
      8.jpg
      File size:
      95.4 KB
      Views:
    • 9.jpg
      9.jpg
      File size:
      86.8 KB
      Views:
  2. #2 TheAnswer121, Oct 15, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2013

you still have lots of time left. looks great though :yay:

the change in color of the pistils signifies they are dying off. they will then recede back into the buds, signifying it's harvest time. going by pistils is an approximation and not very reliable.

check this thread for more specific info on peak harvest time

3. Another 3 weeks minimum

4. You don't happen to know the strain do you?  How long has it been flowering?  Looks sativa dominant, like another month or so.  If you can get your hands on a jeweler's loupe you can check the trichomes for an even more accurate harvest time but just from looking at the pictures I would say you still have a ways to go.  Thats a good thing though as the buds will fill out even more and get covered in more trichomes.  Very healthy looking plant by the way, good job.

5. Looks like your going to need another 5-6 weeks of flower

http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1239050-MigzDoggy-1200w-growtent

6. Looking good fo a first grow keep ip the good work

Not ready for harvest though..youll know when theyre ready by a couple ways..the buds will swell, the pistils will orange/brown and recede, and my favorite way and the most effective way is to buy a jewelers loupe (they sell then at radio shack for like $15..get at least 10x) and look at the trichs. Clear is not ready, milky is ready and amber is really ready to the point where thc is degrading into cbd (not a bad thing depending on how you like your weed). Harvesting with mostly molky trichs will produce a more heady high and more amber will produce a more stony high although gebetics of the strain will play the ultimate role in this

I personally like to harvest at 70-80% of all trichs amber on indicas and like 10-20% amber and the rest milky on sativas. This is something youll have to play around with to find what you like

7. browse the stickies in the cultivation forums. lots of great info in there. :gc_rocks:

8. Not sure of the strain, me and my girlfriend planted the seeds that a friend had given us, 1 out of 5 seeds came up and luckily she was a girl! cheers for the help gents, will post more pics over the next few weeks. she smells amazing!