Grasscity - Cyber Week Sale - up to 50% Discount

First time grow. Help!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Nugzlife, Jan 7, 2013.

1. Ok. So this is my first grow and I need someone to walk me through what to do. I am well aware the a hydro system is not a good starter choice, but I am stubborn and have no other options. So I got the cash crop 6 plant grow box. I am going to be planting autoflowering plants. Probably northern lights and ak47. I want to know the best steps to take to get the best yield possible and when do I know the plant is ready to be harvested.
    Just a simple step by step guide to doing this with autos.
    Thanks!:smoking:

2. Come on man, do some research. Read stickie threads.

4th grow(Apprentice) - BC Big Bud 1200w

3. Not trying to be a dick, but part of the growing experience is learning. You know killing a few plants, learning from your mistakes. Take sometime to read a few books, read a few hundred posts on sites like this. I always found it amazing how after growing for the last 30 some years, how many people starting out want instant results. Remember the old saying... what you put in is what you get out. With that said, I wish you luck.

4. I know nothing about autoflower, but I know about plunging in and stubbornness. Unlike the other suggestions here, I am an advocate of just doing what you want to do and learning on the fly...as long as you accept that your results won't be spectacular. Spectacular will come later.

I've had a few crappy indoor soil harvests that can be traced probably to nutrient lock. I was using MG and had very mixed results. I switched to a simple hydro system, and I'm in the middle of my first vegetative experiment. My three babies look incredibly good. Go get your self a hydro setup and plunge in! I'm planning on having three set ups because I really want the vegetables too.

Submitted for your approval,
    Tyg

5. #6 waktoo, Jan 7, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2013
    Save yourself a lot of time, money, and disappointment. I started out hydro 3+ years ago. The constant monitoring of E.C. levels and pH is trouble that no one needs. Not to mention the high price of chemical nutes. Learn how to build a properly balanced organic soil, maybe apply a compost tea, and all you gotta' do is water. But please don't rely solely on the research of others to learn how to grow. For one, there's a LOT of misinformation out there. Two, those of us that have put in the time researching resent those of you who haven't. We are all here to help. But we're not going to do the work for you.

Peace, & good luck...

wak

http://forum.grasscity.com/organic-growing/1116550-easy-organic-soil-mix-beginners.html

6. Pick up one of Jorge Cervantes books. Reading is a good place to start.

4th grow(Apprentice) - BC Big Bud 1200w

7. There are a lot of good beginner videos out there too that will walk you thru each step and the equipment needed, all the important basics. Like others said, learning the more intricate details will come will experience and reading/research. I'm also on my first grow, almost time to put my girls in flower and enjoy the results : )
    good luck man