first time grow but need help

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by MrPluto, May 11, 2011.

1. Ok so I have some seeds I don't really know if there good or not so. I had germinated 6 seeds so I had like 4 out of the 6 that has spruted. And I wanted to experiment so I took one and put it in a jar with water and some plant food is this a good idea to do has anybody ever grew like that I need some pointers. Oh and I have a box which I haven't laced with aluminuim foil and haven't put the lights and vent in the box am still a noob -_- but am willing to learn am trying to get the biggest plants in the shortest amount of time and does outside weather has anything to do with the plants since am growing in a box instead of outside or the closet. Please some one I need help and pointers and tricks I don't have a lot of money so being frugul to this would be nice and if there's any advance technics that I can use to assure my seedlings and plants would be good point me to the right direction someone

2. You seem to not have read many, if any, stickies. If I were you I would research first before jumping into growing. The whole jar with water and plant food sounds like a bad idea because you can easily kill a plant by overwatering. I'm also assuming that light can hit the baby taproots which is another no-no. Honestly buy some generic potting soil at your local WalMart or whatever for like 8 bucks. Grow in a solo cup for a week or two. Feed water only when the soil is dry. Then about the second week look into buying some nutes for your plant...these will last you a long time and many grows. Then begin to nute up your plant etc. Once you gain some knowledge on how to grow and ask specific questions we here at GC can help you.

3. Ok thanks I was just wondering I heard it was possible to have mature plants in 10 to 12 weeks if I was to put aluminum in side my box {which was hand made} and the lights in it would it be able to mature by then because that what I intentionally was thinking of doing and if so do I needto put in a ventilation system inside the box{which I willhave to put in by hand}?