Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

First time decarbing weed

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Cyndin, Jun 29, 2020.

1. I do 40 mins at 240 F

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. elaborate

3. I don't think there is a way to tell "it's done" People here have done lab tests and came up with 240 for 40 min as the best decarb.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Really? I have been reading about decarbing and am really scared to do it. Something about throwing $300 worth of green in the oven. Firstly I don't know if I trust my oven's temp and secondly I just grew up cooking it in some butter for 10 minutes or so and then throwing it in with some batter.

I'm assuming I am being overly cautious, but are there any things I should be legitimately concerned about?

5. You might have felt something when you cooked your material in butter for 10 minutes but that would have been nothing compared to your butter if it had been decarbed first. You can decarb by cooking it in butter for hours and hours but often you'll get a very sleepy effect from it. You'll get much more from your $300 if you decarb first.

Get a cheap oven thermometer then take the time to dial in your oven to 240°F. It's right on the edge of ''warm" and some ovens can have trouble staying there. I have a new oven that I'm just learning and it's takes me about 2 hours to get it stable now but I'm getting closer to know just where to set it.

My lab testing has indicated that 240°F for 40 minutes is optimal for decarb in the oven. You do not have to cover it unless you have issues with the aroma that will waft throughout your domicile and alert others possibly to your endeavors. If not, don't worry about it and let it waft on the breeze. :ey:

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. [​IMG]

If it makes you feel any better I decarb 30 grams of high grade Kief at a time when making Capsules.
    Same 240 F for 40 minutes.
    I use an old toaster oven setup on the patio so I don't stink up the house and piss off the wife.
    Has a glass door and I keep a pair of these inside where I can see them.
    [​IMG]

BNW

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Before you decarb $300 worth on your first try, decarb $50 worth and go from there. I just did my first batch and I can see it's all trial and error. We'll see in about an hour how well I did this try, haha.

• Like Like x 2
  8. 40 mins at 240 & you'll get high dude lol, if u don't have 1 get a thermometer like BNW said that way you can make sure it's the right temps.

I'm in constant chronic pain & when it's bad I use edibles,they never fail me using them temps/time:confused_2:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. I had two thermometers and it stayed between 230 & 240 so I'm guessing I'm good. I think the dosing is the tricky part at first, I'm trying to figure it out now, haha.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Well it worked, I'm stoned. I had to take a second dose plus some , but I'm there so it was a success.

11. And not enough can be said about experience. When you have a method and you know what's happening life is a whole lot easier.

12. This is why I purchased an Ardent Nova 4 years ago and never looked back. Well that and my "Tragic Chef" oven is about as reliable as the 4th ex.