First time cloning GDP

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by mikef1, Apr 1, 2017.

1. Hey guys
    I got 3 GDP plants that I want to clone. They are in the 4th week of flower. Am I good on timing to do this? IMG_0647.JPG IMG_0647.JPG IMG_0647.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Clone it up! Itll take a few weeks for your clone to revert to veg but your good to go. Choose a smaller branchs (4"-6") and have em.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Do it ASAP. The longer you wait in flower to take a clone the longer it will take said clone to revert back to veg growth. Do it now and if they fail to root you can still try again at harvest.

I took this clone off of one of my GDP plants I decided to keep after it budded really nice. I took this when I was harvesting buds at 9 weeks. It rooted just fine but has been in suspended animation for a month now. It's just starting to grow again.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  4. Ideally you take clones in veg. I can have massive roots on one ready to transplant and take off in under 2 weeks. It takes a month and a half when you take them in flower.

Some people like it because the resulting clones in flower branch more. It's called monster cropping.

5. I took my clone when she was about 4-5 weeks flower and they rooted in about 10 days and now they are growinging like crazy...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sent from my Pixel XL using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  6. They will do just fine, I sometimes clone flowering plants. They root as normal, or maybe a couple of days longer. But then you do have to wait a few weeks for them to revert back to vegging. As yours is only 4 weeks in, it shouldn't take long

7. Awesome guys thank you!!!!
    Today I'm going to figure out how to set up area for clones.
    I have lots of t5s etc.
    Any ideas on a make shift light hanger or set up guide to this

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum