~First Time~CFl Closet Grow~Lots of Pics! *Flowering*

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Medicated420, Nov 3, 2009.

1. #1 Medicated420, Nov 3, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2009
    Hey there :wave: and welcome to my first indoor grow! :hello::D Ive just been lurking around for a while trying to gather as much info as I could, and trying to get an idea for how I was going to set up my closet, and now the time has come for it all to go down. I will be updating frequently almost always with pics. Here's the specs:

The Grow Space: Section of my closet blocked off.

Lighting: 156watts CFL. 6-26watt bulbs.

Medium: Soil. Fox Farms Ocean Forest

Nutes: Combination of Fox Farms Grow big and Big bloom.

Water PH: between 5.5-6.0

Genetics: 4 "Bag-seed"

Light Schedule: 18/6. On at 6am, off at 12am.

~Pictures~ *Note* Plants are at day 24 today at the time of this post. 11/03/09

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

~These 2 were topped 3 days ago~

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

~These 2 were topped yesterday~

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. damn only 11 views so far?

3. Hey Medicated420 Good luck with your 1st grow. Looks pretty stealth. Two questions for you. How are you ventilating to the outside? ( it will get to smell pretty soon) and why bag seed?
    Your brother indoor newbie,
    Salsa123

4. well right now Its just venting to the top of my closet. but pretty soon ( definately before I flower) I will be buying a 80 cfm duct fan to exhuast the air into a diy carbon scrubber I plan to make soon. probly in the next two weeks. oh and the bagseed are for practice being this is my first grow. I plan to buy some pineapple express and white widow fems next year for a summer harvest.

5. well as of today the plants are starting to smell a little bit. Espeacially when you rub your fingers accross the leaves and then smell them it smells like fruity skunks or something like that lol. also im thinking of watering them in about two days so around friday I guess? the last time I watered them was about 3 days ago. the soil feels a little damp about 2 inchs deep so im gonna let them go for about two more days.

6. 1st Official Update! Day 26 of veg.

So last night I decided to water them, but I made the mistake of overwatering them and one of the bigger plants started drooping really really bad so I lowered the light on them by a few inches over night and this morning I was suprised to see that they had instantly recovered and perked up nicely.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. looking good my man! stop by and check mine out. i wanted to top but i wasnt quite sure when or how to do it. i will do it on my next grow. but good luck they are looking good!

8. hey thanks man. yea I topped mine right at the 5th leafset.

9. *Pulls up a chair. ;)

10. sweet pull it on up man were in for the long haul lol cant wait till I put them into flower. they are allready starting to develope their sweet fruity/skunky smell. Its almost perfuming our room if you will lol.

11. ~2nd Update!~Day 28~

Ok so here they are today, day 28. For the most part they are doing fine. Looking very healthy and green. The two main plants tops are coming in nicely. Im probly going to water them again here in the next 2 days?

Pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

~The two tops~

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

~They're gettin pretty tall~

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Damn dude, they're looking pretty good. I can just smell it from looking at the pictures, can't wait to see when they're bigger.

13. thanks man, yea they all ready have a fruity/skunky smell to them its soo nice i cant wait to see how they come out.

14. ~Update 3~Day 30~Day 1 Flower~

Watered them today as soon as they woke up. They are looking quite nice, green and perky. Im really happy that they ended up nice short and bushy how I wanted them to be. The smell is light and faint but its pretty nice. They are starting to have more of a earthy skunky smell more then a fruity smell. At the end of this week I will have to go out and get the duct fan and supplies, and supplies for the Diy carbon scrubber. They arnt showing signs of sex yet but the main two are definately looking like they will come out female but time will tell hopefully by the end of this week. As always pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. those are some sexy ass babies <3 im surprised you dont have that many views this is like one of the nicest grow journals i've seen on here, nice man im deff pullin up a damn chair.fuck all these other freaked up grows.

16. Hey just wanted to know what your Temperature situation is like in that setup, because i tried a rubbermaid growbox but really couldn't dial down my heating issues, so i ditched it. But i plan on doing a similar grow to yours soon and just wanted to know if it's a problem. Oh and could you post a pic of your light setup, because i noticed you have 6 26 watts and that reflector, but how are they organized?

17. the temp. stays around 85 degrees. but occasionally Ill let the closet stay open for a little while at a time so the temp drops to around 76. hopefully once the I get a fan setup in there the temps should drop and stay at or around 75. Ill have pics up here shortly of the light setup. its bascially a power strip with 3 socket adapters plugged into it, and each adapter has a Y adapter screwed in with 2 cfls screwed into each.

18. Oh ok ya that's the same setup i had, but without the splitters. Ok so i definitely am doing my grow like this now, because that mean it's a bit higher than room temp when you open the door, so that's perfect. I still live at home, but my parents are chill about bud now that I've enlightened them so hopefully they don't go on a power trip during my grow.

19. looks like theyre growing nice and strong... i might try a CFL grow or 2 before i get a MH/HPS setup..

Ill be lurkin.

20. thanks for the positives guys! well they just woke up a little bit ago and they've grown atleast another half inch! the two main plants allready have what appears to be atleast 4 bud sites on each plant.