Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

First time buying weight, any advice? (oz of unknown quality or 1/4 of beasters)

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by brandonha, Dec 22, 2010.

1. K so I'm considering grippin an OZ for $130 which is cheap for here, so I'm not expecting any one hit quit stuff, but I don't want to get any mexi-brick either.

Now I can get quarters of some bomb shit for $50 from a different guy, but thats a pain in the ass, cuz the guys always like a week behind on orders so the oz is gunna be sitting in a mason jar in the freezer waitin for me.

My dealer is tellin me the O is good bud, but he was asking me to find him some Kush, so its obviously not great bud right?

Sorry if this doesn't make sense, I just woke up...

I'll summarise just to clear things up:

• oz $130 unkknown quality
    • 1/4 of real good bud $50 but unreliable
    • oz is apparently sensi, so thats encouraging
    Should I spend the money and get the ounce and hope for the best? I can always say nah if I get there and it looks like brick, or do I keep dealin with the unreliable guy for more expensive but (likely) better weed/

2. go look at the O, if its not up to your standards just pass on it and go for the 1/4

3. Couldn't hurt to check it out.

4. Quality Over Quantity. Buy the good shit for 50$ :D

5. Yeah that's a tough one. An oz for 130 is dirt cheap though aha so it's probably not that good. Go check out the oz, if it looks good buy it, if not, get the better shit.

6. Get the O. If it's so bad that you refuse to smoke it, use it to make oil, edibles and/or hash. Me and my buddies just finished making a shit ton of oil using Butane and this contraption we built, oil is fucking legit. One toke and you're done. So technically, you can turn that O into one-hit-quit quality.

7. not necessarily. with BHO(butane honey oil, the stuff you're talking about) the return product is only going to be as good as the bud you ran. shitty bud is going to give you shitty BHO

8. Can you point me toward some oil-making instructions?
    That sounds daaaaank haha

9. Not in my experience, we used pretty shakey shit. Shit that you wouldn't really want to smoke, and we have the most chronic oil I've ever smoked.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oePcnICADTs&feature=related]Here's one I found on YT.[/ame] I have a way more ghetto extractor, though, haha. Mine is two cut up 2Ls, a beer can and a filter. Make sure to put in some kind of filter at the bottom of the extractor, you don't want weedy oil.

10. Ask to see it first, if he won't let you see it then he obviously sucks at his job and you should go for the ounce.

When its over a dub I always let people see the bud first, although I may not drive to them just to show it to them unless they are positive they are buying it.

11. if you are gonna try that, make sure you do it OUTSIDE. i know of a few people who blew up their living rooms because they tried to do the extraction inside. you basically have a pipe bomb in your hand when your spraying.

12. This, can't stress it enough. Even if there's a pilot light on in your house, you'll blow yourself up.

13. well yo if you live in canada it probably wont be bad bud and 130 an ounce is pretty cheap but thats still in the normal price range in canada

14. no dude no one uses actual good bud to make BHO. everyone use shake

15. really? cause every person i see on this site that posts about making BHO is only using top notch bud.:rolleyes:

16. Couldn't be farther from the truth.

17. #18 UBsmoker, Dec 22, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 22, 2010
    QFT:hello: shake is probably one of the worst things to use, you want to use whole buds. you dont even want to break up the whole buds that much when you spray them.

18. Why would you waste good bud on oil? Unless you have excessive amounts of it, which doesn't happen often (at least to me).

19. next time you make it, try it with some dank. youll see why. the percentage you get back and quality will knock your socks off