First time, 4x4 led grow, trying to decide on leds

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by iGrow420710, Mar 13, 2018.

1. Hi there,

As already mentioned I can’t decide what LEDs to go for. Looking at kind led, advanced platinum led or optics led.. also thinking if I should go with 1 big one or 2 smaller ones

Any help would be high appreciated

2. Hlg quantum boards

• Like Like x 1
  3. #3 2CentGuy, Mar 14, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2018
    Nextlight mega. I think ill just say it in every post. Check the numbers, its top 2 lights of 2018.
    That being said. Those quantum boards are sweet too. I like the plug n play of the mega. Boards are more diy
    Edit: I own 4 mega. Decreased my heat, increased my yields 30%
    Avoid Blurple lights. Old tech

4. So hlg or nextlight. Nextlight is crazy price. Think I’ll have to go hlg

5. Have you heard of Enlite Sundisk?

6. I have not i would go with well known brands

7. HLG looking seen them at expo amzing lights sun like

8. Looks interesting. Too expensive. Almost $1000 to cover a 4x4 for flower. The output efficiency stats are slightly behind HLG at 2.3umol/j. HLG's stuff is 2.4-2.66 at full power. Higher when dimmed.

I cover my 4x4 with 2 qb260's for a total of 550-570 at the wall. It's about $650.

9. Could you please elaborate on the "higher when dimmed"

10. Most if not all diodes increase in efficiency the lower power they are ran. At peak power efficiency of output can be 20% less or more. Those diodes will go up to 3.0umol/j when ran at 50mA compared to 1050mA at max power 2.4-2.66umol/j depending on the board. HLG makes several boards that run different voltages and current ranges.

11. I don’t understand

12. How do I go about doing that with a 600h

13. Any of those fixtures that use meanwell HLG series drivers will have a built in current dimmer capable of dimming any of their lights down significantly. I'm not sure how low. Somewhere around half max output when dimmed all the way.

14. Is that how I should use it the whole grow ?

15. He means that the output of the light you linked sort of looks like the HLG lights I think. That and he saw them at an expo.

16. It depends on what light you run for your coverage area and your particular garden's conditions. Some people have to run them dimmed to keep temps in range or keep the plants happy.

I'm able to run them at full power because I'm sized correctly for my grow space. You can gain a marginal amount of efficiency running them dimmed. If you oversize your light and run it 25% dimmed you'll get more efficient output.

17. Nice I’m going 4x4x7

18. Being at an expo being a good thing?