First Tat

Discussion in 'Tattoo, Piercings and Body Art' started by Slater 420, Aug 15, 2012.

1. Ive wanted a tattoo for ages now but I have no idea where to start!
    I want it placed at the top of my right arm, this way i can work down my arm if i ever decide to develop into a sleeve

Im a drummer and musics a huge part of my life, so i was thinking something to do with a drum and something cool going on around/to it, ive seen a few like a knife or taz exploding through the drum but it never appealed to me.. mainly because i don't care for taz or knifes lol i do want something colourful/attractive though, does anyone have any recommendations?

Im obviously not just gunna rush into getting something i may regret, my friend did that on his 18th, its my 19th coming up this week and i still don't know what to get haha

Im not bad at drawing so if anyone can give me some ideas i can try and draw them together and form a design :) ive been scouring the internet for fucking ages and im outta ideas, i think a response from people with similar interests may help me out

2. Why not like a tattoo of a young kid beating on a toy drum? And from the drum flows colorful little music notes? just an idea.
    Or maybe a skull and cross bones with drum sticks being the bones.

My first tat was planned but had no real meaning, I still love it though. I guess the only somewhat sentimental meaning it has is that it shows my feminine side (its a pink bow behind my ear.)

3. I am about to make a thread about my tattoo process. I really like this guys style so I emailed him with my ideas and he is creating a image for me. Her is and example of his work. If you use it for and idea pay the man!
    [​IMG]

4. [quote name='"Slater 420"']Ive wanted a tattoo for ages now but I have no idea where to start!
    I want it placed at the top of my right arm, this way i can work down my arm if i ever decide to develop into a sleeve

Im a drummer and musics a huge part of my life, so i was thinking something to do with a drum and something cool going on around/to it, ive seen a few like a knife or taz exploding through the drum but it never appealed to me.. mainly because i don't care for taz or knifes lol i do want something colourful/attractive though, does anyone have any recommendations?

Im obviously not just gunna rush into getting something i may regret, my friend did that on his 18th, its my 19th coming up this week and i still don't know what to get haha

Im not bad at drawing so if anyone can give me some ideas i can try and draw them together and form a design :) ive been scouring the internet for fucking ages and im outta ideas, i think a response from people with similar interests may help me out[/quote]

If you need some help I'm a really good graphic artist, I can render or put together just about anything. PM me.

5. Not really the sorta thing i was going for man, Im a thrash head at heart so i wanna blend some thing metal into it if you get what i mean haha thanks for the contribution though (Y)

I think ive made a pretty cool design myself actually, gunna try and expand it a little more, ill post a pic if im succesful haha

6. thanks man, i may inbox you sometime soon haha :smoke: