First sprout!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by JohnsonInhales, Sep 18, 2008.

1. So after joining this site, I started reading up on growing and decided it wasn't as hard as I thought. Couple weeks ago I got some nice bud, only problem was some of the nugs were just infested with seeds. Instead of tossing, I kept them and decided to germinate. So on Sunday night, I placed them in a damp paper towel in a CD case and let it sit in my closet. Lo and behold, I check it yesterday to see a good root tip poking out about a quarter inch. I quickly ran out and picked up a bag of organic soil and perlite for later, and planted my seed in a Solo cup for now. Woke up this morning to find it sprouted out of the soil!

Now for the hardcore planning. How much longer should I wait to transplant it to a bigger pot? Should I just get myself a 3 gallon bucket/pot now and save myself the time later? For now, I have it sitting underneath direct sunlight inside my apartment, and I put it under a CFL bulb (it's a 23 watt bulb, but I don't have anything else right now). Would it be better for the plant to keep it under one source of light or does it not make much of a difference this early? Any suggestions would be awesome and much appreciated. I'm so excited!