First solo grow ... (~150 watts CFL+150 HPS, Organic) Blackjack bagseeds

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by 4ala2sk0a, Jan 20, 2014.

1. Think I was at the verge of nitrogen toxicity, so I did a flush. Notice how green the leaves are? Some fan leaves had clawing and a buldgy texture, some twisted growth. Things seemed to improve just fine.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. #22 4ala2sk0a, Feb 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2014
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hours are officially at 12/12.

Had a male, cut it in half stuck it in the window.

Playing with lights as always.

Now its sit and wait!

[​IMG]

A smaller plant thats been tagging along. Its doing well, was rootbound im pretty sure so I transplanted it. Should of long ago.
    My camura isnt very good, wont focus on close-ups. Maybe time to polish my lens.

LOL, you learned lesson #1 for sure.

Subbed, good luck.

4. Didnt take long to polish my lens, it worked, heres some pretty shots. Cant really see preflowers in them, but theirs a few.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. #26 4ala2sk0a, Feb 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2014
    Sooooo...just waiting!

6. Just waiting for full bloom to occur, have plenty of flowers beginning to form.

One of my plants has purple/pink buds? Anyone know about purple budding plants? Pistals are white. Leaves are green, no purple stems. Same soil conditions. Looks cool. Will update pics when theirs is something to look at

Been playing with dirt, collecting compost in the meantime. Been germinating a few more seeds for some 12/12 experience.
    My blue dream seed never did anything, was dissapointed.
    I planted a handful of old ass seeds just to be done with them. Soaked them in a cup of water with some homemade kelp extract. Two sprouts so far. Appear tiny and inferior, but ill roll with it.

7. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Well here is 1st week of flower and 50 days of age for my two girls.

You can see my coffee plant in front, stretched in the last photo.
    In some of the pics you should be able to see some purple action.

I fed my plants a tsb of molasses in 5 gallons for micro boost. Closest thing to food these plants have had the whole grow. Things seem to be going well, been fighting the stretch. The plant with purple buds stretched the most.

I like my 150 HPS, it runs pretty cool, I can keep it like 4 inchs away from my tops. No noticeable problems with that. When I get the money Im definitely investing in a good bulb, and a MH for veg, my ballast should run both.

Im acually liking this light enough im tempted to buy another next year if possible.

8. and lettuce...

[​IMG]

9. Progress seems to be proceeding... These looking about right for about 300 watts in lighting power?
    Guess its only been on 12/12 for a little over a week. Really curious to see the end results...

[​IMG]

Im about ready to get some more 27K 23 Watt bulbs and throw them in their. Worth every penny at this stage.

10. Nice grow mate, you'll get a lovely harvest for sure

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. Looking very NICE!

12. Thanks guys. I been enjoying this so much I created a small little seedlings/vegetation tote so I can get a jump on the next crop. Used alot more unknown seeds so im curious as to what I will get. If I end up with something I really like I want to start a mother plant. Once they sprouts I will post photos.

I hope I can prove 150 HPS can be used effectively. They get alot of shit, but their easy to cool. My HPS is cool enough I can touch it for a few seconds with out getting a burn. But I do have thick paws for hands that cant feel much...lol

13. Added another CFL, hung it down right behind the HPS socket/plate that makes a shadow. Stared at my plants. Also hangs beside my main colas on my non-purple plant, replaced some bulbs ive had for years which I was using...

Now its beer time!

14. Good to see an Alaskan growing :D Looking good man!

15. #36 4ala2sk0a, Mar 9, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 9, 2014
    Uploading a update.... tmp_IMAG1130858376488.jpg tmp_IMAG1132-84572983.jpg Just finding out how to upload...

16. tmp_IMAG1134-1249531605.jpg tmp_IMAG1135712728806.jpg tmp_IMAG1138-1424857488.jpg tmp_IMAG11391837210827.jpg tmp_IMAG1142-1076078665.jpg They  are starting to look like buds.  about 2 months to go, I have no idea what im going to get.  This is the tricky stage for me.  Im not sure what to do other than add light.  Just letting it grow.

17. #38 GeminiMP, Mar 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2014
    @[member="4ala2sk0a"] cool man wat size pots? how old r they exactly?

18. Thanks!
    They are in 2 gallon pots (wish I would of potted up but getting dirt would of been impossible to get dirt)
    They are 59 days from seed, and a little into two weeks of flowering.   :)

19. Looking excellent, Ak420!!! Those pistils are looong! Gonna be some fatties :)