FIRST sign of HERMIEs

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by plattynum, Jan 15, 2015.

1. I'm just curious as to what they are because I wanna check my plants over in a few days. My fucking street had a power cut and plants went down to freezing feeder went hay wire so just wanna be on the look out just in case.

2. There is no such thing as a "first sign" of a hermie. They are or they are not.  Nanners and pods.  Bottles and cans.  Just clap your hands.

3. Nanners = banana-like things coming out the flowers I believe in case you don't know what he's talking about.

4. Yep I no what he means I no how the whole process works just needed to no were to start looking first I thort the nanners lol were the last thing you see when the sac had opened I need to no were to look first before I see them bananas because when you see them it's probably game over they will of pollenated the rest. What do they look lol what do the banana sacs first look like before they open are they like male pollen sacs at the bottom of the buds is there just the one alot 2 or will there be a cluster of sacs under the buds.

5. So hear they are I was told they not so not to worried but I bloody hope not

Attached Files:

6. what do you mean they are or they not? A plant can be a normal female then through stress can then change to a male. I no how it all works I just wanted to no where on the plants the narnas would first be coming from and would pollon sacs start development in the actual bud or on the stems?

7. I mean they are a hermie, or they are not.  That was more directed towards the "early sign" aspect of your thread.  There is no early sign, they are a hermie, or not.  Sacks and nanners will develop at any point of the the plant.  Some times they will stay just toward the bottom of the plant making it easy to find them and to keep them from pollenating your whole crop.  Other times I have seen them growing out of a cola.  It depends on how weak the genetics of the plant are.  A plant with strong genetics will only have the small, low buds affected as they are the weakest part of the plant.  A plant with weak genetics will have nanners all over it.  Pods are generally easier to see as they tend to grow in a bunch, but the nanners are a lot trickier.  There can be just a single nanner on one bud and it can be kinda hidden too.  I check each plant from top to bottom.  Grab a flashlight and put your plants on a table and sit lower than them (I use plastic Home Depot tv tables and sit on a 5 gal bucket) so you can look up the bottom of the plant.  Then, I put it next to me on another 5 gal bucket and check the tops.  Using the flashlight will help you to focus on certain areas and will kinda make them jump out to your eyes.  I do this with every plant and I do it every 3 to 4 days once they are in flower.  If I see a nanner, I soak it with water and remove it with tweezers.  If you catch it before it matures, no seeds.  ;)

8. So basic ly your saying every female is a hermie but if it's stronger in one plant than another it will start to show?

9. Not at all.  I am saying IF it does hermie, the stronger plant will be easier to see as it will more than likely remain on the lower weaker buds.  If the plant hermies and it is weak, it will more than likely show nanners all over.  This is not a 100% rule, just a good rule of thumb.

10. Ok cheers. It is stress that sends them to turn tho ain't it?

11. It can be stress, or it can be genetic.  Bag seed is usually genetically hermaphrodite.

12. Can someone clarify for me? On the first picture you see the little bulbs where the bud steam meets the main stalk? Are those pollen sacks? Ive had these formations on plants that have hermied. Not saying this one is just trying to get some clarification so I know for future grows. Thanks.

13. Probably because the seeds were off a hermie plant I guess.
    That's what I thort hope to fuck it's not.