First Serious Pipe

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by Praetorian, Aug 29, 2017.

1. Long term smoker, but never owned anything beyond a basic $60 bong in college. Now looking to make a more serious purchase. Mostly interested in getting the cleanest smoke I can (without vaping etc).

So to all the more experienced pipers, with a budget of, let's say $500, what should I be on the lookout for in a quality pipe?

Thanks for the tips.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Very interesting

3. Hmmm that's not the link I posted, I'm not sure if we can post competitors glass websites. If not I apologize, since the grasscity link isn't workin. Here's the one I posted just for reference to see their amazing glass.

https://www.grasscity.com/collections/empire-glassworks

It's looks like you can't post links it edits it to grasscity lol.

Check out Empire Glass Works, they have amazing pieces.

IMG_0245.jpg IMG_0246.jpg IMG_0245.jpg IMG_0246.jpg

4. Hmm, still can't find the item when I follow the link. Regardless, I've looked up Empire Glassworks. They do have some quality stuff. Thanks for the tip.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  5. With a budget of $500 and a "getting the cleanest smoke I can" requirement, I'm guessing you're looking for a water pipe/bong, not a fancy pants spoon pipe :)

No basic pipe is going to be very smooth, or any smoother than any other basic pipe. You need to look at glass that takes water, and then diffuses the smoke through that water. Scientific Glass is what you're looking for.

If I had $500 to drop on a bong right now, I'd buy another Sovereignty Glass piece without hesitation. I've owned many SG pieces, and they are amazing for providing clean/smooth smoke.

I'd say look at Mobius, Sovereignty, Toro, Seed of Life, Leisure (to name a few) for that price range. You won't be disappointed.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Dont spend that much on just a pipe. Pipes suck. You could get a really nice bong for way cheaper. You could even get a volcano with that budget but to each his own. The only difference between a cheap and "nice" pipe is how big it is and how cool it looks. Pipe smoke is harsh, do yourself a favor and get a bong

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. @Praetorian if you're still looking for a piece I would highly recommend looking info apixdesign. He's a single guy who handmakss all of his pieces. He makes gridded stemlines and discs that are super fucking nice

8. @Praetorian if you're still looking for a piece I would highly recommend looking info apixdesign. He's a single guy who handmakss all of his pieces. He makes gridded stemlines and discs that are super fucking nice

• Like Like x 1