"First Serious Grow"

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by SoNe_OnE, Oct 1, 2002.

1. Hello,
    *Well i havn't posted any thing on this site in a long ass time but, I just ran into some money to get started again* I dont know if ne of yall saw my last grow but, I had a nice 27" inch plant tied down and my light fell on it causing all of the branches to fall off of it! It sucked then, But its funny now* The plant that died was stolen and givin to me and i didnt know how to take care of it. After a few months of research and income I think im finally ready to grow my own*

I went up to the hydroponic shop and bought a few things that I needed to put together my own system* Reservoir, Air Pump, Net Pots, and some nutrients from DYNA. How ever i do have some plants growing in soil right now that im working with* Im not gonna start growing with hydroponics untill I can take some cuttings from the plants I have growing in soil. I have a really good soil mix that I bit off of OverGrow's FAQ/

I set-up my little growroom/area a few days ago. Its not all that purty but it seems to be getting the job done* I will be keeping yall updated on my "First Serious Grow" in this thread so If any one has any inputs on how i can make my plants/growroom more PuRtY or more Usefull DrOp It HeRe*

2. .... PIX ...

Attached Files:

3. ...Hydroponic System PiX...

Attached Files:

4. ... Hydroponic Nutrients~

Attached Files:

5. ... pH. Adjustments ...

Attached Files:

6. looks like you have everything in order.what medium are you using?..i would recomend starting clones in rockwool with a drop of superthrive..then using geolite as a medium..just stick the rockwool cube in the geolite and your good to go..thats what i used with my eb and flow set up and you just can't go wrong..that geolite is awsome it holds a lot of air and the geolite holds lots of moisture ..no root rot that way...very good drainage..good luck man...i'm about 2 weeks into flowering with 10 plants and i'm down to 6 so far ...damn males....but hey i made some butter with the males and had some great brownes..had to eat a whole pan but man did it grab me by the balls..had a nice buzz that lasted damn near a whole day..good luck..

7. LMFAO*
    YeaH, Im hoping to not get any males in with my bunch* Well, Im using Hydroton for my growing medium. Im gonna start out my clones by using some "DYNA-GRO" rooting concentrate. By chance is it possible to use superthrive along with that? I heard "SuperThrive" was like good for everything!
    ~GooD LuCK~ *With your six*

Oh I forgot to mention that I am growing under a 500 watt Flurocent work light made by "Light of America". It says it puts out sixty-five watts. I figure Im gonna leave my plants in vegatation for another three months until Christmas* Will this be okay? On Christmas day I will have a four hundred thirty watt HPS light for Flowering*

8. that light your using should be fine for the clones to get them rooted..i would suggest you get a mh light for veg.and then get a sodium conversion bulb for flowering.or vice versa..i'm just talking from experience...and also force flower when the plants are a foot tall unless your pinching the shit out of them to make them bush and not get so tall..i'm doing my first hydro myself right now and i waited till my plants were 18 in and now iv'e got the things damn near tied in knots cause they are growing like crazy since i started flowering..they have grown a foot in 2 weeks..i veged them for 4 weeks and they were 18 in...i wish i would have listened to everyones advice and flowered at 12 in...don't be surprised if your plants grow twice as fast in hydro..mine sure did..dude your gonna fucking love it!...another thing sterilize everything with a mild bleach and water solution..very important!!!...another thing i did that seemed to help is i bought bottled water at the super market...the stuff is as pure as a virgins honey pot {if there is such a thing}..lol..it only costs about $.50 a gallon and well worth it..i also change my nutrients every 2 weeks or so.as for using superthrive i use it every time i change my nutrients.they seem to love it..you probably know all this shit but i figured i'd pass on as much as i can so you might avoid some of my mistakes..one last thing..then i'm outa here .i started giving my plants 1/4 strength nutrients for the first week then bumped them up to 1/2 strength..they were about a foot tall at this point next thing i saw was the bottom leaves were turning yellow i went to overgrow and from reading and looking at the pics i thought they were getting too much nitrogen..WRONG!..turns out they weren't getting enough..the plant was feeding off the older leaves to support all the new growth up top..so if you start to notice the bottom leaves turning yellow you can bet your ass it needs stronger nutrients..man i'm finding out hydro is pretty much trial and error for the first grow my next grow will be a hell of a lot better..i hope some of this iv'e been dumping on ya helps out it's kind of hard to get a straight answer in plain english on the forum sometimes..some of these guys can grow a awsome plant in a dog turd...some know there shit and some don't..well good luck dude later!

9. SuP PooL DuDe???
    Daumn, Well I wanna have big ass plants when i start to force flower* There is a great possibility that there will be much more of a yeild comming off a nice 5 footer than a 3 footer. I would get an MH for veg. but I just bout done blew all my money* Would putting my plants through 3 months of vegatation with compact fluro's interfere with any thing? Im deffinetly getting an HPS light for Christmas. And im not pinching my plants but I am topping them if there is a diff. I Hope my first grow using my hydro-systems comes to a sucess. Ive read up on a few months worth of FAQ'S and Threads posten in Overgrow* Im bout ready to give my Indica plant to my cat, Its growing slow as FucK* Do you by chance have ne pix of your plants? Just curious, But n e wayz Im bout ready to go up to the store real fast and grab me a 12 pack, So ill HoLLa AtChA LaTeR* KeeP in ToUcH*

10. *Update on my topped Sativa plant*

Attached Files:

11. hey man ..heres where i bought my light..www.insidesun.com..they have used 400 watt mh or hps lamps that come with a ballast and a new bulb for $90..thats what i bought and haven't had a single problem with the set up..just buy a hps conversion bulb when your ready to flower.it's a really cheap way to get hid lightining without being bent over..they are old street lights ..only draw back is the reflector kind of sucks..but you can buy a real nice one on ebay for $25 or make your own which is what i did..i hope everything goe's well for you growing them monsters .i wish i had that much height ..i've only got about 4 1/2 feet to work with..as for pics i need to buy some batts for my digital camera then i'll post some pics..your gonna laugh your ass off on the one plant thats tied in a knot..well dude i'm gonna head for the fridge iv'e got dinner with a rolling rock calling me..later

12. Hey people,
    Sorry, But i got my wisdom teeth pulled yesterday and they put me on some Tab 10's! So im probally not gonna be feelin like talking much* These pills are tha BoMb! But Im still gonna keep posting new pix* Pool Dude, Im going out to by an HPS light today* But not from inside sun* Im going to LOW'S* HoLLa****

Attached Files:

13. Well, I went up to Home Depot today lookin for an HPS light and the guy told me that i couldnt hook a 150 watt HPS light straight into my outlet that i would need a ballast to go along with it* So i just bought another Compact Fluro* Im gonna be scroggin my first hydro grow so I also bought some wire! Daumn, I sold all my pills and im hurtin like fuck* My momz bought me some beer today, But its just not Helpin* Here is a picture of the Fluro I bought today along with a reflector*

Attached Files:

14. I am just wondering, did you top or 'fim' that plant?

take care

15. Hi all This is my first time posting here. It is also my first time dabling with hydro. I have a growroom i built in the basement I have built several different hydroponic systems, which include NFT, ebb and flow ect.....As for my plant situation I have six healthy babies about 6 inches tall and about 20 or so more in the incubator I have been studying indoor horticulture and hydroponics and systems for years this is my second attempt to produce so good quality home grown . I am going to introduce me babies to the world of co2 and air exchange. Is it to early to start pure co2 I know that with poor lighting systems it would help a great deal in the growth but I am unsure of the Burn effect and help with co2 ?

16. Yes, I have topped the sativa plant but, Something weird happened! When i topped it new growth shoots came out and at the top it didnt stop growing outta the one stem i topped* It has new leaf blades comming in and there are some crystals on the top =) I dont know if you can see them in the pix but, I can just hardly see them growing off the top leafs! Here is a pic Update*

Attached Files:

17. very strange indeedy... I topped mine about a week an a half ago now, and the axials became my new growths (although they havent grown much since), I thought that what happened to yours is what is supposed to happened at first,... now I know otherwise. :) tahnks for the reply, they look good, take care.

18. PiC*

Attached Files:

19. DaUmN*
    I tried to transplant my baby into the hydro-system and it went into shock and died within a few minutes! FuCk It, I started my hydo-system up last night and Im pretty sure its going to work out Ok....

I also planted some more seeds in BOG'S soil mix I bit off of overgrow's FAQ.Im fixin to post my new shit up in a new thread, Hopefully this time it will turn out sucessfull*

Attached Files:

20. sorry to hear about the plant dude...if your gonna start useing the hydro start them seeds in a 1 1/2 in. rockwool cubes with just a drop of superthrive or some sort of vitamin..i can't remember what you said you had...and as soon as you start to see the roots comming out of the wool put them in your hydro...iv'e had 100%success doing it this way....oh by the way..i feel your pain with the plant going south on ya...i startet off with 10 and ended up with 6 males and today i went and checked on them and the one produceing the largest buds was a FUCKING HERMIE!!!!!GOD DAMN DIKE PLANT!!!!...GOOD LUCK MAN