First serious grow all auto:)

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by KidCola, Feb 16, 2012.

1. HI this is my first time serious grow made a bagseed one last year but it failed at 6 weeks due to severe nute burn, im not gonna use miracle grow again... Anyways this is a strong attempt at getting myself some good plants in 60 days or so as they are all auto. im useing Auto BlueBerry, Auto Bigbud X NL, and 2 Roadrunners, ive got like 10 other seeds form various deals and such on att. i cant wait for success on this grow to start the more highend ones that i got with confidence. if anyone has any input or hints lemme know, im useing a humidifier on the floor to keep humidity at 55 and temp stays at 68-74 this is at the top of a closet and has a celing of 36 inches from base to top, so i figure ill have 18"-22" under max light hight so ill have to lst at some point i guess, im using an organic soil, and am gonna try to not use nutes very much but if someone has a good suggestion of a easyone that i shouldnt screw up too much i might. heres a pic of day one germ in jiffys an organic soil, and a pic of some container lables i made for harvest. :hello::hello:

Also i dont have any regular sized fans but i do have some computer fans does anyone know if i can set one up to a 9v batterie or something like that for prolonged use?

Attached Files:

2. still no sprouts today, i cant wait to see those cute lil babies. so i figured id throw in a pic of the other seeds imma grow 10 in total, grapefruit krush, emerald jack, and trinity kush all thx to att seeds promo, and 3 free critical+ thx to dinafem promo, 1 shaman 1 ice, and 1 sweet black angel.

Attached Files:

3. #3 KidCola, Feb 19, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2012
    ok so its been 4 days and still no sprouts so yesterday i checked on em they all have taproots and i poped off the shells but its been a day scince that and still no change i think i messed this up somehow mabey i overwatered but i dont see how thats possible considirng the other meathod is to place them between 5 wet papertowels. can they really take this long ot get going? should i scrap them and pop 4 more seeds in some paper towels this time? im really upset cuz thats like 20$ worth of seeds. anyone with expierence that can put me at ease plz help cuz this shouldnt be this frustrating.

oh and room temp is a solid 74F and 40% humidity, ive got light 24/7 and i removed the plastic lids cuz i noticed a tiny bit of mold forming on one of the jiffys, i also turned on an air purifier for some better air circulation.

or maby the seeds know that once they sprout theyve got 55-60 days to live and they wanna make me suffer.

4. you need to be carefull int the early stages with autos,to much water can be deadly for them.turn the lights off untill you see them pop above soil as not really needed atm..i recently planted a big bang auto and from glass of water to soil to above soil took 3 days,i'd say just turn the lights off,keep the lids off and keep them warm untill you see them surface..all you can do now is wait lol fingers crossed :D

5. these are a good read :)

http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-marijuana-growing/674011-how-grow-best-auto-plants.html

OFFICIAL LOWRYDER GROW GUIDE (10/04) - written by the Joint doctor

Preferred growing methods

Indoors, Lowryder performs very well in soil mix (pots or beds) or in soil-less systems, where it can be cultivated from seed to bud in two months – 18 hours of light per day is recommended all the way through. Switching light cycles down to 12 hours may diminish yields and shorten the already-short life cycle slightly. Because Lowryder’s life cycle is so brief, cloning becomes impracticable, so only plants from seed are grown. By default, Lowryder is a great choice for sea-of-green.

Because flowering plants and seedlings can be maintained in the same room, Lowryder presents new possibilities for the small to medium home grower, including “staggering” your indoor harvest. A true continuous harvest system may be achieved by planting new plants periodically to replace the ones that have been harvested. This ensures that a grow
    room is always full and always producing fresh bud, and one never has too much work at once. Click here to learn more about the Joint Doctor’s “1-2-3” continuous harvest method.

For best results, place jiffy pellet or plant directly into 1-2 gal.pots. Alternatively, start in 4-inch peat pots, then place
    rootbound females into a plant bed after sexing (at approx. 17-20 days) – this may result in smaller plants than the first method. Grown under a 12 to 24 hour/daylight cycle from start to finish. I recommend 18 hours per day; this can be decreased to 16 after the first month with no loss of yield.

Outdoors: sow directly into soil after soaking, in 2 gal. pots or plant beds. New stands of Lowryder can be planted up until late summer, to ensure a continuous harvest outdoors. Avoid transplanting if you can, but do so if plants become rootbound. Rogue (remove) males at three weeks.

Growth Factors

Lowryder is extremely versatile in that it can be cultivated in virtually any climate or grow environment. In fact, it has pushed the envelope of growing, enabling early harvests in unlikely places like Finland, the North West Territories, and other northern, short-season, or high altitude areas. It is also well-adapted to backyard gardens, windowsills and patios where plants can be easily concealed because of their tiny size.

Nothing will mature earlier or faster than Lowryder! When other varieties have barely begun flowering, Lowryder outdoor growers are kicking up their feet and already enjoying their fresh harvests.
    Characteristics

Lowryder virtually does away with the vegetative growth stage: it passes almost immediately from the seedling stage to the flowering period. To our knowledge, Lowryder has the shortest known life cycle and height in the cannabis species.
    Male plants may be identified as such after approx. 17-20 days, while females show themselves a couple days later. Plants will even flower under a continuous light regime.

Lowryder females usually grow no taller than 16-20 inches. 12-16 inches is typical. Light intensity, pot size, and proper pH all play an important role in determining the size of plants at maturity – the better the conditions, the bigger the yield. Plants produce one main cola, although when they receive adequate light, lower nodes branch out profusely.

Yield and height are dependent on obvious growth factors. For example, plants kept in small peat cups on a windowsill may yield as little as 1 g. and grow no taller than 6 inches, with no branching whatsoever; while a plant in a 4-gallon container under high-intensity lighting and good cultivation methods, can turn into a profusely branched, two-foot wide 45-gram bud monster.

Fertilizer: During the first two weeks of growth, Lowryder should be weekly light feedings of a “grow” type nutrient solution, with micronutrients. When plants pass into full flower, they should be started on a “bloom” regime for weeks 4 through 6. Mycorise-type biological amendments (root stimulators) seem to increase growth significantly.

Average flowering time
    Indoors: 40-45 days (after a 15-20 day seedling stage)
    Outdoors: ripens approx. 60 days after seed is sown.
    Note: 100% of plants display the auto-flowering genotype.

AVERAGE HEIGHT
    12 inches. Minimum: 5 inches, maximum 16 inches (very light-dependent, with slight phenotype variations).

YIELD
    Depending on light and other factors, Lowryder yields up to 45 g – one report even claims 96 g for one exceptional plant under hydroponics. Extremely light-dependent in terms of yield. Without adequate conditions, plants may stay extremely small, almost comically so – but still produce a decent smoke.

Buds are compactand close-quartered, slightly irregular and variable, with high bud/leaf ratio. Thick pistils, with orange coloration, and medium-sized, individual calyxes. Tends to be top-heavy indoors. Typically, budding sites start very close to the ground.

High is uplifting, surprisingly strong. Well-rounded. Best suited for outdoor activities. Smoke is smooth with pleasant, earthy undertones. Smell is not overpowering. Unique flavor, with echoes of NL and William’s Wonder in the bouquet.

JD on nutes:

I get alot of requests for more info on nutrient needs for Lowryder. This is a hard question to answer as it depends how much money you want to shell out for nutrient products.

I get Advanced Nutrient products (many say the best) at a discount and I have adapted their formula for my own use. Advanced Nutrients provides a complete program for an 8-week grow and has a guide for different growing mediums.

For the first two weeks, I use what they recommend for seedlings.

Then I use the Micro 2+ Light Feeding program for the rest of their life cycle. I usually skip week 3 and 5 to bring it down to a 6 week program which I begin as soon as LRs are sexed.

I know it sounds complicated. Obviously all this is not needed.

As a rule of thumb, treat Lowryders like seedlings for the first 2-3 weeks, then switch them onto a light bloom program. So, you feed them a seedling/transplanting formula the first 2 weeks, then switch to a bloom fertilizer with something like a 5-10-5 or 1-2-1 ratio of N-P-K.

Give them a feeding of bloom fertilizer every week on weeks 3,4,5,6. Just pH-balanced water on week 7. Flushing solution on week 8.
    ...or for organic freaks, just plant into organic soil mix with bat guano mixed in... and put away the calculator... .

6. thank you i hope it works, i really thought they would pop by today i planted on wensday. i musta drowned them or something. whats the latest they might pop, erm when i should try again with other seeds?

7. how deep did u plant into the soil and what soil are you using? the longest iv had to wait for them to pop above soil is 3 days so im not sure the latest but if u planted to deep they may take longer or if ur soil is no good then they may have been burnt (over fed).

8. there less than a cenimeter from the surface with taproots pointed down, the nlxbb has a full cenimeter taproot the others were still hanging off the side. well if their not out by tommorow ill put them off to the side and start 1 or 2 more but i wont trash them for another couple days i read somewheres on here someone had one shoot up at day 5 once an thats tommorow for me.

9. put my last rr and a c+ in a papertowel/ziplock and under the comp tower if i end up with 6 plants then yay if not ill atleast have 2 more seeds rtg tommorow

10. hi :)

make sure you keep the seeds somewhat warm while sprouting..usually room temp is ok but I try to get mine a little warmer. Be very gentle with them and wash your hands before touching them to put them into soil. I think maybe breaking the shells off you last ones stressed them out. Just keep them moist/humid till they sprout and you shouldn't have to mess with the shell.

11. ya i think i over thought the whole thing, my nerves have been shot lately an really wanted to get it perfect the first time around, but thank you for the the advice i think i really just need to leave them alone for a bit an calm down lolz.

12. K so it looks like the nlxbb is gonna live and prosper "whew" the auto bb and the rr on the end are both above the soil but havnet developed leaves or anything so i dunno bout them, and the first rr is def a loss, i planted the fully germed c+ and last rr in some solos and will not touch them till i see leaves. it seems that papertowel trick is way better than germing in soil, took 1 day:) i hope the auto bb pulls thru cuz i only have 1 of that and the nlxbb.

Attached Files:

13. Ok so day 2 for sprouts, auto-bb still hasnt opened up yet, nlxbb has started first set, and so has roadrunner2, roadrunner 1 got chucked into the trash, hopefully the rr i started the other day does well in its solo cup. next up is a question, is thier enough air in a closed closet with mid range circulation for 5 plants i open the closet when i get home but try to keep it closed to keep the humidity in it because if i didnt have the humidifier in there the plants would dry out in a few hours due to the standard 16% humidity in there.

Attached Files:

14. glad to see things are coming along mannn :) 16% humidity is real dry,i keep my humidity in check by putting a few tubs off water in ther and even better if u have a reptile heat mat to put under one of the tubs to make the water evaporate quicker therfore raising the humidity quicker. what size circulating fan are you using?

15. #16 KidCola, Feb 21, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2012
    no fan im using a air purifier erm hepa filter, and a humidifier with a fan that points up straight to the top shelf where my plants are heres a pic, also the humidity stasy at 50ish but if i didnt have the humidifer then it would be low like 16-20ish.

Attached Files:

16. good choices, i cant stand big bud...hopeully you dont have to smoke it hehe

17. oh? may i ask why. i figured the rr would be the weaker or worse tasting one of the 4. i dont really know what my taste is tho ive had some really good stuff before but never knew what it was. the 3 that im really excited for are in my next grow "shaman, grapefruit krush, and trinity kush. wanted to get a solid grow under my belt before i broke out the nice ones. tho im sure ill like the auto bb. ill probaly make the smokes i dont like into hash or candy of some sort.

18. nothing too serious today stems and leaves all look healthy, their all opened up an looking good. 58 days till harvest :)

19. got some good growth today i guess, ill post some pics later tonight, i cant decide if i wanna go 24/7 or 20/4 so far ive read that 24/7 gets you your plants faster, however ive read all over the place that every living thing on this planet needs rest, and that root growth is best displayed durning lights out because 0 energy is being spent on photosinthisis so i guess im kinda tore up about it i feel bad for the little guys, what do you think ppl should i let them sleep, i mean how much sooner could 24/7 really affect autos.