First recorded death from marijuana

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by DJ PiRO, Sep 19, 2011.

1. im a marijuana horror writer, so here it goes.

After a good nights stoned sleep, I woke up one morning, and spotted my ARB, (Already Rolled Blunt) i take my mighty lighter and spark that bitch up, about 20 minutes into smoking it, I roach it, and walk to my kitchen. I looked everywhere, there was not a single thing, scavenging through my fridge frantically, i find nothing but fresh fruit and vegetables. at this point i surely knew I was going to die.

2. lol facepalm

3. scavenging through my fridge frantically, i find nothing but fresh fruit and vegetables. at this point...you wake up to reality and decide to change your life for the better! Grabbing a ripe peach, your teeth dig deep into it's icy cold, golden flesh. It tastes better than Pringles!

Having had this epiphany, you decide to learn more about nutrition! In your wanderings around at GC, you suddenly remember this from one of "Granny's" posts-

Nutritional omega-3 deficiency abolishes endocannabinoid-mediated neuronal functions.
    (abst – 2011) Nutritional omega-3 deficiency abolishes endoca... [Nat Neurosci. 2011] - PubMed - NCBI

The corollaries of the obesity epidemic that plagues developed societies are malnutrition and resulting biochemical imbalances. Low levels of essential n-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids (n-3 PUFAs) have been linked to neuropsychiatric diseases, but the underlying synaptic alterations are mostly unknown. We found that lifelong n-3 PUFAs dietary insufficiency specifically ablates long-term synaptic depression mediated by endocannabinoids in the prelimbic prefrontal cortex and accumbens. In n-3-deficient mice, presynaptic cannabinoid CB(1) receptors (CB(1)Rs) normally responding to endocannabinoids were uncoupled from their effector G(i/o) proteins. Finally, the dietary-induced reduction of CB(1)R functions in mood-controlling structures was associated with impaired emotional behavior. These findings identify a plausible synaptic substrate for the behavioral alterations caused by the n-3 PUFAs deficiency that is often observed in western diets.

For those who are going :confused_2: Granny's translation – “The US diet sucks big time and we are fat, undernourished, and crazy because of it. We get WAY too much Omega 6 and not enough Omega 3. Not getting enough Omega 3 can make you crazy because without it, the CB1 cannabinoid receptors in your brain aren't made right- a chunk that is supposed to be attached, isn't! Broken receptors give you “impaired emotional behavior”. So we think it's the low Omega 3 diet is making the US totally nuts!” :eek:

You also remember that "Granny" said that after a month or two of daily use, Omega 3 will help you get you higher and healthier! Those CB1 receptors in your brain are the ones that get you high! :smoke:

You decide that today is the first day of the rest of your life, and dang it, you want to get your maximum high :smoking: and to stop feeling half-sick all the time! At this point, you decide to LIVE! :yay:

Granny :wave:

4. how can i get more omega - 3.?

5. Salmon is very rich in omega3s, as are any little oily fish [sardine, anchovy, smelt, sprat, mackeral] and they can be found in dietary suppliments like krill oil - but I find I prefer salmon -)

6. Nothing like a nice red apple or a big bowl of lycees or grapes when you're high OP.

7. i think he was looking for something to smoke his roach with?

8. That was wonderful! You have a writing talent.. Well.. Possibly. LOL!!!

9. Granny, I wish I could rep every single post you make, but unfortunately it says I have to spread the wealth around :(

10. #13 Storm Crow, Sep 20, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 20, 2011
    No prob, karundo! And good sources of Omega 3 are fish oil, flax seed oil, and hemp seed oil!

About Omega 3-

I worry that harvesting krill for their oil will upset the balance in our oceans even more than they are already! Krill feeds both baby fish and whales- I like whales, and if you starve the baby fish, we can expect their numbers to go down!

Fish oil works well, but may give you fishy burps!

Flax seed oil has some minor problems - you can look it up yourself. Plus it tastes kind of bad, which is why you usually see it in capsules. It goes rancid quickly and keeps best if refrigerated.

Hemp seed oil tastes good enough to be used in an Italian salad dressing! (Hemp seed oil, a good cider vinegar, some garlic and pepper flakes, and Italian seasoning- cannabis is optional) Skip the iceberg lettuce, use the leafy stuff with some color! Those bright colors in natural foods are good for you! Your local health food store has hemp seed oil, and you can find it online, too! It can go bad eventually, if kept unrefrigerated, but has a longer shelf life than flax.

And something about salmon (and other meats). Farm raised fish are usually fed a corn based diet. Corn has zero Omega 3. The farm raised fish are not nutritionally equal to the wild salmon! The farmed salmon will be like our corn-fed beef... deficient in Omega 3 in their meat.

Do I always eat grass fed beef and wild salmon?

Nope- can't afford it! But I do take daily Omega 3 to help make up for it!

Granny

11. Make you a smoothy! lmao

12. Giggity!! I'm just sayin'

13. L0l!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14. im back guys, they just revived me

15. ^^^ win