first plant

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by canyouspellthis, Oct 6, 2006.

1. I recently discovered a little plant growing in my pot in my yard.. I guess one of my smoking buddies threw it in there haha. Well we moved it to the side of my yard so the wind wouldn't effect it as much. Anyways, here are the pics (click to enlarge)..

10-6
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10-8 updated
    [​IMG]

2. if you cant get it inside within a few days it's gonna die.

3. Hey, yea, chances are its way too late for that baby to grow outdoors, id bring it in if you want it to last.
    Nice camera too BTW.

4. Yeah we're planning to move it to my friend's attic probably close to the end of October.. do you guys think it will be ok until then?

5. I think it depends on your weather, but the end of october, id say nay. Its also not getting the amount of light it needs because of the time of year.

6. 10-8
    [​IMG]

I just took a picture of it about 5 minutes ago.. It's looking really healthy ; I'm going to the store today and picking up some lights.. does anybody have any affordable recommendations for growing this baby in my attic?

7. cheapest method would probably be a few cfls.

8. Yes, cheapest would prolly be CFL's... highest watteg you can find.

9. at home depot you can purchase a pack of 2 100 watt fluorescent lights or they sell a big worklight that will work awesomely for about 39.99

10. I just went to the hardware store.
    picked up a 120w plant light and a pot. Do you think this will be sufficient amount of light for one plant? or should I get another one?
    :confused:

Attached Files:

11. can you take a pic of just the bulb? or give us more info on the bulb? looks bright, but pictures of light are very very decieving

12. What a hardware store may sell as a Plant Light may easily be just a useless incandescent bulb.

Got to a proper grow supplier, don´t waste your money.

13. here's a picture of the box it came in.. It's really bright and gives off a good amount of heat. I think it should do fine though ; just looking for a second opinion.

edit: I plan on moving it indoors on Tuesday..; any other suggestions?

Attached Files:

14. A quick google would indicate that it is nothing other than a simple incandescent bulb fitted with a reflector. Similar to the spotlights that I decorated my apartment with in the 70s.

Sorry, this is useless for growing MJ.
    You need fluoros or a HPS or MH lamp.
    Hope you didn´t pay much.

The lesson is: there are lots of threads giving good info on suitable types of lights for growing. Read them before you part with your hard-earned.

15. actually we told you to get cfls if you were looking for a cheap lighting method. cfls probably cheaper than the bulb you bought.

16. It doesn't matter ; i have the receipt and the original box.. I can easily return the items and get a refund. So what would happen if I put this light above the plant? it would die? :confused:

17. The plant will first of all stretch, as it looks for light of the right spectrum. Then it will indeed die.

Good that you can get a refund.

You can buy fluoro tubes and grow successfully, or even use the spiral compact fluoros. They are cheap and give off little heat - ventilation can be a major problem. Read the threads on lighting.

Good luck.

18. Thanks for the helpful response, Spanishfly... I'm going to return this worthless light tomorrow and invest in some CFL's.. I'll post updates once i move it indoors in it's new set-up