First personal indoor grow

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by CoreyP, Nov 16, 2007.

1. Hello everyone. This is my personal first grow although ive been around it and helped others for over 10years. The reason i have more than one per pot is because these are bagseeds while i was waiting on my Jock, Silver Pearl, and Durban Poison to arrive (which they have now), this way allows me to grow more in the same space, i can get rid of males and smaller females and its just an experiment of sorts. I came from rollitup.org and i just got so tired of people constantly saying i shouldnt have done it this way so can we please just stay away from the plant/pot ratio? Please?? As you can tell what i am doing has worked very, very well. You gotta try new stuff to know whether it works or not ya know? I want all other comments and advice though!!

My room is as follows:
    1000w HPS aircooled with 6" inline
    3x 4ft T-5 @54w/5000lumen each for added light and spectrum
    2 humidifiers
    1 heater
    Nutes:
    Foxfarm Ocean Forest soil
    Foxfarm Open Sesame, Beastie Bloomz, ChaChing
    Earth Juice Grow, Bloom, Catalyst, Microblast
    Pureblend Hydroguard, Clearex, CalMag+
    Dyna-Gro Pro-Tekt
    ph:6.2-6.6
    temp:65-76
    humidity:40-58%

These are just some bagseeds started at the first of October and vegged for 32 days. I believe that is everything for now.

The first pic is oct5 day 2, the next 3 are oct 17 day 14 and the rest are oct 18 day 15.

Attached Files:

2. And heres some more.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

3. I have a question. I have my pics on photobucket. How do i get it to where they are about this size (the post above this) but when you click on it it makes it bigger? Any help?

4. Anyone? Someone has to know cause ive seen it :)

5. Ok, so absolutely NO ONE KNOWS?!?! You got to be kidding me. Someone knows cause i see it on this site all the time. I just want to know how to make photobucket images clickable thumbnails i.e.....how do i load a photobucket image on here as a thumbnail, but when you click on it it becomes a bigger size? I need to know since the "Manage Attachments" function on this website only allows you to upload pics once to one thread.

6. ok, first off for the image resizing. go to google or whatever search engine you use and type in picture resize program. The one I choose is called Visual Resizer or something like that, but that's where i found it's a prog and you resize your saved phote and resave it, I always put resized in the title of the ones i resize. after you do that go to the bottom here on the reply and manage attachments. From there you'll select your resized photo's that you saved. That's it. It pretty much does it automattically. Hope that's what you were asking. Anyways I'm doing a grow similiar in ways. Kinda at the same point. Few specicific questions if you don't mind. How many plant and were they clones or seed. I think you said seed so don't know how many females yet right? I just bought some nutes that you can see in my thread that i'm gonna start using now but from what i've read, it looks like a month before you should use them if your going to. Try to give me some feedback on my grow. I'm trying to put a link to it on here. But it's under grow journals and it's "mothers and lst's" That's the title of the thread and the pics are under there. Hope I helped ya. Peace.

7. or just goto imageshack.us and upload ur picture and click resize

8. Thanks guys!! I think i kinda figured it out. Im using photobucket and ill just use the img thing so it when you click on the thumbnail it opens the photobucket page. To shootingstar...we started with about 57 seeds which all sprouted. We then picked the best 40 or so and planted them 2-4 per 5gal pot. They all lived and grew awesome. As they grew we got rid of some of the slackers. We were left with about 30 or so plants. We got rid of alot of males by preflowers alone. When we switched to 12/12 3 weeks ago we got rid of the rest of the males that showed. We are left with 17 females and 3 that still havent showed. Oh, i brought one plant we got rid of home early on and it turned out to be female. So....we have 17 females in 13 pots. So i dont know how many of the ones we got rid of early on would have been female so im guessing of the 40 something seedlings we grew somwhere between 20-25 would have been female as we already have 17 lovely ladies. That means about half were male and hafl were female (duh, hehe) . Some have 1, some have 2 and only 2 have 3 in them. As for the nute question, we used a very diluted solution from day 1. Even in the seedling tray/ dome thing we put diluted nutes in the bottom. We started using the Weak recommended solution on the bottles the day we put them in the 5gal pots which was day 9 from from planting seed. The reason we were able to use nutes from day one (and the reason i feel they are doing so damn good with multiples per pot) is because we are using ALL ORGANICS which is almost impossible to overfert especially in soil.

I hope all of this answered your questions as i used alot of numbers in there :eek: If you have any more questions or want more specific answers you can PM if you want. I looked at your grow and even replied at the same time you replied to mine :)

Edit: The only things that arent organic (which we didnt use these from day one anyways) are the open sesame, beastie bloomz, and chaching which are mostly organic. BTW, these 3 things for flowering are simply AMAZING!!!

9. Here's some more pics for you guys. The average size of these is about 20in tall. This is day 48 day 14 of flowering (12/12). Is this a decent size for their age? What is everyone's thoughts on the progress? Im just worried they arent up to standards but i think they are a pretty good size for 48 days. The first one is showing 22in i believe, the third is a little LST, and other than that the rest are kinda showing how good the symetry(sp?) is on some of these. A few more of the ones we werent sure about turned out to be females. We have about 20 healthy, beautiful females now. Some that we FIM'ed have 5 tops!! Most have 2 at least and some have just be trained. Im really beginning to think we are gonna have quite a bit of herb. Just wondering if these look like a good size for this far along. We only vegged for 4 weeks and this is starting their 3rd week of 12/12 so whatdaya think guys and gals? Good size, shape, etc?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. I think they are coming along nicely. Ive helped other people grow and ive been around people who grow for about 10 years. This is my first grow though. Just wondering when these things just start packing on the weight. Mine are about 50 days old and have been on 12/12 for a little over 2 weeks now. About when do they starting packing on the pounds. They must gain alot of weight quickly because i would say they only have about 8-9 more weeks give or take a few days. So, whats everyone think?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

11. The first 2-3 weeks they stretch out quite a bit and start looking annorexic. After that they fill back in. Most of your bud weight will come in during the last 2-3 weeks of flowering. That's when the plant realizes that it's not going to get polinated and starts getting desperate lol.

12. looks like it'll be stuffed full of bud before long! I think you overdid the resizing though, if you look on the manage attachments window, it tells you how big files/pics can be, 400kB for jpg I think. I resize with photoshop, then when you save it you can choose how big the file is (ie you can make the file smaller with the same size picture). hth
    looks like you have been learning well from your friends, pretty awesome for 1st grow. I think most of the bud growth is over the next 4wks, but they fatten up towards the end. In terms of yield, I think the nutrition during stretch/early flower makes a lot of difference, even if they're not making buds. I can't make out the pics, but at least with a lot of strains you only see little bud-lets by 2wks, things will probably look much more promising by next week!

13. Yeah right now they are forming the main cola and on most we have up to 5 main cola's!! We topped some, fim'ed some and lst'ed some. Thats one plus to having so many plants, we can try new things. All the ones we topped have 2 perfect buds forming and the ones we fim'ed some have 5!! Right now they top bud is only like 4in long...i know it feels out though. But yeah, for the most part we have like 8-10 little buds forming on them other than the main cola. I cant fuckin wait to see what they look like!! Next grow we are going to veg for another 2 or 3 weeks. We only vegged for 4 weeks this time. Next grow will be jock horror, durban poison, and silver pearl. Has anyone grew any of those 3? Got any tips for me? Do they like alot of ferts, not alot of ferts, how much did you yeild, etc? Thanks for all the help and compliments everyone!! Heres som more pics though. This is day 49, flower day 15. Whatcha think? Keep in mind these were taken right after we watered so they look a little droopy.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. I was just wondering when is the average time you start too see those wonderful crystals we all love? Ive been around grows for years and years. But never through the whole grow. I kinda see them planted, see them a few more times, then smoke them. Mine are just now starting to flower, actually about 2-3weeks in and the buds are starting to form. Just wondering when the crystals start forming, i cant wait!!!

15. Heres some more pics. Its day 51 flower day 17. These things are really really forming nicely. Already shimmering in the light with all the crystals. Whats everyone think?!?!

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

16. Wow, im very impressed with how those pics came out. And im even more impressed with how fast these things really start putting on the pounds huh? Only 2 days ago you couldnt see a fraction of that. Now its like they just bloomed overnight. Ill have plenty more pics along the way!!!

17. Your grow is looking great man! I'm having a prob with mine if you could check the thread in the grow journals but one of the one's I lst'd I woke up to droopy leaves still good color, then i noticed the fishing line i used to tie down part of the stem was pretty much cutting thru my stem so hopefully they'll recover, kinda already look like they are. Anyways not trying to highjack your thread, but we have similiar grows and are you having any temp probs?

18. Check out the new pics. We just watered them and had them outside in the cool air so they look a little droopy. Ill get more pics monday cause they will be lookiing AWESOME after that water. And at the pace they a growing they will look totally different. I like to do what Jorge Cervantes says is the secret to growing in a recent high time's. He tells everyone at a growing convention in switzerland this after they asked him what the secret was over and over and over. He says "The secret is to learn what your plant needs and give it to it. Keep your plants growing as fast as possible at all times and give it what it needs." That is the secret. I only give my plants something when they need it. If they need a little nitrogen i give them that, i dont give them something that has all 3 in it. Or i use something like microblast to help with the trace elements instead of giving NPK. I dont let them slow down by not enough water, too much water, temps going up and down to much. I keep everything running as smooth as possible and it helps. I cant wait til my next grow when i got durban poison, silver pearl, and jock horror. These were just bagseeds while we were waiting on our seeds to arrive. Thanks everyone for the help with these even though i came to this site a little late, i like it and the people alot better! Anyways, on with the pics!

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

19. Hey guys, check out this little plant. This is a plant we took out of our main grow about a month ago cause it wasnt as big as some of the others. (we got rid of smaller ones as we went). I brought it home and put it under 6 cfls in my closet and it turned out to be a little lady :) It is 53 days old and been on 12/12 for about 26 days.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

20. Whats everyone thoughts on these? Any comments or advice? The pics right about this are my cfl grow so thats why it looks a little different.