First PC Grow - Northern Lights

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by danetello2, Aug 14, 2010.

1. I have finally completed my first grow case. Its not 100% perfect and has a few light leaks but I think it will be alright. This is my second grow, the first one didnt go very well and the seedling got burnt by my lights so I am hoping this will go better lol. Heres some info about my plan and setup.

I will be using the paper towel method to sprout one of my seeds, then I will transfer it to a root riot hydroponic cube. Then I will move it to a rockwool cube until it I finish the vegetative stage. I will move it to a much bigger plant pot after that and hopefully it should force the plant to go into flowering and keep it small :).

I will be using:

I was planning on using:
    Root Riot propagation blocks
    Growdan 3" rockwool cubes
    Canna coco organic soil
    Canna Terra Vega for vegetative stage
    Canna Terra Flores for the flowering stage
    Canna PK 13/14 for about a week after I start to see buds \t\t
    65w 6400k CFL
    65w 2700k CFL
    Tin foil for inside the case
    2 PC case fans for ventilation (one intake, one outtake)

Wish me luck! :smoke:

Attached Files:

2. how many lights u got? just built mine last night. got 4 cfl''s. gonna do a scrog grow with autoassassin.

3. Just one cfl in there at the moment. Good luck with your grow! :D

4. nice i think thats the exact same case i am currently growing in.
    i have mine set up a little different though :D

5. Day 2: Seed has cracked after about 24 hours and I have planted it into a propagation cube. Hopefully it will grow into a seedling in a few days :)

6. Day 4: I just checked up on my plant and found that it had sprouted! :D I have transplanted it into a rockwool cube and hopefully it will be ok in there for a few weeks. I think I will grow it out of the pc case for a few days/weeks until the plant becomes stronger incase something goes bad :p.

Attached Files:

7. Day 4 update: Bad news everyone, It has been a few hours since I had put the plant into its grow box, I decided to check up on her and found that the light had fallen! :eek: I guess the duct tape that was holding the lamp had melted under the heat or something :(. The plant still looks quite healthy, but it wont be for long if I dont get it under some lights soon!

Will it be ok just to leave it next to my window for now and use just natural sunlight until I have a new setup ready?

Attached Files:

8. lol i coulda told you that was gunna happen.

9. Day 5: I have created a temporary grow room for my plant until I am able to find a suitable space for it to grow. I am using my 65w 6400k cfl for lighting.

Attached Files:

10. turn your grow box upside down and get some silicone and attach the light to the roof and let dry or get a small bracket and attach it to the top with a couple screws and you'll be good.