First Outdoor Grow - Advice welcome

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by chadddd, Feb 8, 2011.

1. #1 chadddd, Feb 8, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2011
    i am planning on getting a bunch of bag seed from KB/dank weed ive had, and growing them outdoors from spring-fall

basically i dont want to put them all in one plot incase of helicopters spotting them or disease/pests wipes them all out. i have a very sunny location and plan on planting them near pine trees to help not getting spotted by helicopters.

I was planning on germinating them, seeing how many germinate. Then i would put them in plastic cups with fertilizer. after like 3 weeks or whatever, im guessing im going to have around 20 sprouts ready to be planted. i want to transplant them from plastic cups straight to their home.

So basically for this plants entire life im just giving it a cup full of fertilizer, and water it during heatwaves. possibly maybe needing to buy pest/disease stuff.. I dont want to put any money into this. Im just going to throw a bunch in the ground and see what happens.

I plan on stopping by a few times a month, especially during heatwaves so i can water, and check for disease and pests. also to make sure all males are pulled. but for the most part i am going to let nature take its course.

Since they will basically look like they are growing wild, could the owner of whatever property be held responsible if caught? or could they claim negligence?

also, is this a good idea? what else should i do?

keep in mind i do not want to spend any money. and im only going to be using good bagseed. and i dont want to make it look like a human is taking care of them, so dont tell me to tie them down or put down stakes. but all advice is welcome.

ALSO, when should i plant and harvest? I wanted to germinate around march/april and plant in april. since its all different kinds of bagseed, theres no way to judge when it will start or finish flowering, but im guessing im going to be harvesting in august/september?

2. You got the idea. Perhaps consider the biodegradable pots that way the plants never experience transplant shock...u just throw them in the ground. Not sure about the legal question...i use abandoned farms so never gave it much thought. Most important things for outdoor is keep your plot as natural looking as possible...don't pull up other plants just trim them back, try not to make trails...walk in zig-zag pattern and tip toe whenev possible, and try to water as little as possible...I've saw a good thread about efficient watering schemes you could look for...or i could explain. I'm like you minimum time, effort, and ESPECIALLY $$.

3. #3 chadddd, Feb 8, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2011
    i like the plastic cups and 1 bag of fertilizer. it should be cheaper than the the biodegradable pots. I dont think much shock will happen. And are you suggesting i make a plot instead of planting them randomly in a field next to pine trees?

can you link me to the efficient watering schemes?

anything else?

4. Even with biodegradable pots I have always removed the pot at planting time for my regular vegetable plants. Saw that recommendation on a gardening show on tv, they said there was not as much shock as pulling it out of a pot/planter you just peal it away.

Why are you so worried about not making it look like they are being tended? Weed is weed, not sure where you are but there aren't any wild growing around here, So anyone finding them will assume they are being farmed there and take whatever action they need to take(cops-stakeout?, landowner-pull um?, ripper-mark the location and monitor for a good chance to rip them?). The key is not to make a singe road like path into your plants. If you don't want them found due to activity and trails then you can still stake or train them, anyone close enough to see that they are trained will be able to see them anyway training or not so the jig is up at that point.

I suggest you go easy with the fertilizer for the seedlings, better too little than too much at this point(well any point but they are more likely to die or be severely stunted at this age).

(thread Hijack!)........
    I did once find a plant that i assumed was totally an un-owned plant. It was fall and I had moved into an apartment in a row house in the city while going to school, I think all 6 apartments were rented to students. As this was in the city, your driveway to the back of the building filled the space between your house and the property line(had a fenced church parking lot along this driveway.) On the driveway side of the building there was an entrance to an apartment via a small porch, above this porch were two floors of balconies for upper apartments. where the stairs to this porch were was all sidewalk which also extended along the driveway to the front and back of the building. on the side of the porch opposite the stairs was a small overgrown garden, pretty sparse since it was on the north side of t a 3story building. I had lived there several weeks when I parked my motorcycle in this weed garden next to the porch entrance to my apartment and ran in for lunch. I came back out to go to class, sat on the bike and when I looked forward to put the key in I saw that my front tire was up against a 24" weed plant. It was real sad looking, no leaves except for the top 3 inches of the plant. But it had bark on it and looked real healthy even though it was scrawny, I dug it up, topped it and buried it in my room garbage can with a light on it. Took it back to veg, then flowered.
    Since this building was all students there was a lot of partying going on, I figured someone had cleaned their stuff out on the balcony and tossed the seeds over the side and a true gorilla grow was started. What's the phrase: "Hide in plain sight"?

5. #5 chadddd, Feb 8, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2011
    i have the same amount of doubt that cops or the landowner will find them. I have even stronger doubt that a ripper will find them...

what if the landowner claimed negligence and said they had no idea the plants were there? keep in mind that i may be planting it on someone elses property, but it doesnt mean they will ever see them... so what if cops questioned or accused them of growing?

just because the plants are on your property, it means you get all maximum possible charges? Because it makes me feel bad about the landowner.

edit: i found the answer to my own question, they have to prove you knew about it if charged with cultivation. so it is possible to claim you had no idea.