first official journal. 20k watts

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by keehs, Feb 10, 2015.

1. Hi all, long long long time lurker here. I've been wanting to document a grow forever but I just never had the time to. Or I've just been lazy. Probably just lazy.

Any who, I've been growing for a very long time and I have probably almost done it all. I am amendment 20 compliant and try my best to grow the best meds I can for my patients.

The donations have been great so I went ahead and purchased 20 8 inch vented sunsystem yield master hoods. Larger Ac. And I improved my insulation in my 322 sq ft grow room.

I will be growing 20 ladies in 20 gallon pots. In coco using the full cyco nutes line. I also add hydroguard, calmag and eventually fox farms open sesame Beastie Bloomz and cha Ching. I also add Canna's boost in bloom. I stopped using the full line of canna about 6 grows ago after I bought the full cyco line and gave it a try. I liked cyco more because I yielded more, and the trichom produced was amazing! But I still use cannas boost and will continue until I find something better. I will also ScrOG them. These 20 clones were my best cuts from my moms. I like variety, I have 28 different strains. I will only grow the high yielders in coco.

On the other side of my room I have my aeroflo 60 under 4800 watts led and a single 1k watt HP's. This is where I grow my low yielders. Right before the 12/12 flip I mutilate the plant. I chop off all its branches so only the stem is left. Thusly just having a football sized cola, 60 of them. I plan on 20 girl scouts, the other 40.... Not sure yet.

I have my burner making co2 as high as 1400 ppm. And I completely vent and replenish my room once every two hours. I keep the room at 87 degrees and my fingers crossed.

I'm still missing a few hoods, gotta go get them tomorrow. But the ladies are already vegging. And topped. The aeroflo ladies are in solo cups in another room. I don't like vegging in the aeroflo.

Here's a few pics, please excuse the mess. I'll get my ducts up tomorrow too. I'll try my best not to flake out. I'll update as much as I can.

Attached Files:

2. Holy shit!

A big setup. Looks great man!

It's 5 am

3. Thanks. Its 3 here.

4. Hey man I thought I had a lot going on in my 3 different grow areas an dang I don't have anything on you. That's a lot of space to devote to cannabis. Amazing. I'm a fan of having diversity in strains. You ever do any pheno hunts?
    An what seed company's are you running?

5. My pineapple chunk is from Barney's. Its the one pheno that flowers in 70 days instead of a million. But I buy seeds locally. But haven't in a while. Started making my own strains. Got two in the room vegging, their innaguaral test run!

I really want a real gsc. I'm pretty sure mine is a fortune cookie :/

6. Sounds great. I ran some barney's farm Crimea Blue like 5 years ago. I haven't ran anything else but I've seen an heard good stuff about them. I'm about to start making my own crosses as well. I'll be watching to see how yours do. And I only have 2 girl scout cookies seeds. Regs. They were freebies from the attitude. From Cali Connection.

7. Here's a pic of the ladies. They vegged about 2 weeks in a solo cup. Then I transplanted into 1 gallon. They've been in the one gallons under a 1k mh for about a week and a half. As soon as I'm done hanging these hoods they're going into 20 gallons.

Blue donkey dick has proven to be very unruly. She kinda wants to stretch everywhere. I'm constantly squeezing her tops. I don't want too much space in between nodes.

Attached Files:

8. #8 keehs, Feb 11, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2015
    Finally have all the hoods up. What a pain! I'll clean up the scattered cables tomorrow morning. Ducts should be in place by then too.

I'm also looking to up my temps to 90 degrees. One of the downsides of growing so many different strains at once is trying to find a good happy medium for all these different ladies. Some don't do well with higher temps. Some don't like higher ppm feedings. Etc. I think I'll try and increase temps at about a degree every two days.

I was going to remove the wall unit Ac I had in the room. I don't need it anymore since I upgraded. But its got a dehumidifier built in. So I decided to keep it and run the dehumidifier settings after a feeding. One thing with huge scrogs is keeping powdery mildew away. And this will help.

This morning I got my tea going with air stones at full blast. It'll be ready for tomorrows feeding.

My mob boss plant looked a bit droopy today. Held her up with some bamboo and told her to toughen up before she gets replaced. Then I spoiled her with a few ounces of 5.7 water. Within an hour she perked up.

Attached Files:

9. The ladies got their tea today and the room is almost ready to rock. Cleaned up the hanging cords but I wasn't able to put the ducts in. My buddy was going to help but he couldn't make it today. The ducts will be up tomorrow.

After today's feeding I instantly noticed the humidity go up. I turned on the wall unit and in dehumidifier mode, humidity was back on tract after about an hour or so.

Noticed some light spotting on one of the ladies leaves. Freaking mites. As soon as the lights cut off I sprayed the girls down. If I notice it getting worse I'll run a mite grenade in the room. Hopefully it doesn't come down to that. I hate using pesticides. As soon as the room cuts on I'm going to drop temps a bit for the first two hours. I'll do that for two days. Mites hate the cold.

10. Ready to go!

Holding at 92 degrees and bouncing between 1000-1500 ppm

Attached Files: