First Mini-Grow, Advice needed.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by subverse, May 29, 2009.

1. Hey guys how you all doing today?
    Well i just moved into a new place where it is very, VERY hard to get any good smoke so im finally growing some of my own! ha
    well the dimensions of my grow box are 35cm X 35cm X 70cm (L/W/H).
    Im going to be growing in soil and have found the perfect pot which is 17cm high, which leaves me with 53cm of vertical growing space.
    So anyways, heres my problem. I cant decide between a 65w CFL or a 70w HPS.
    If i was going to use the HPS id set it up in a cool reflector hood thing with it drawing air from the box then exhausted straight out, as means to vent the whole box.
    Only thing is, im wondering if this is overkill? i want to be able to use every inch of height i can without burning the plants and im not sure how close i could get them to the light before they burn up.
    totally over typed this but i thought id lay it all out for you guys, incase you had any other advise you could help me with.
    thanks.

2. If your only gonna grow 1 plant use the cfl. I have some going right now. Check em out

[​IMG]

3. yeah i plan on only growing 1 plant, but im going to LST it. i may SOG after a while depending. Noise is a problem aswell, i need to keep everything as quiet as possible.

4. Buy a tube that is used for like camping. Find a storage closet. Buy a cheap 20$ fan 1 pot.
    1 cfl Bam. Thats what i did lol

5. With that tiny amount of space, why not go with an auto? I had very good luck recently with the white dwarves, and they're done in about 2 months.

6. yeah id love to, but the dimensions given are from a cabinet built into my desk. and my rooms pretty full as it is, so yeaha... i wish man, i wish.

7. yeah id love to, but the dimensions given are from a cabinet built into my desk. and my rooms pretty full as it is, so yeaha... i wish man, i wish.

8. yeah id love to grow some lowryder or something, i think that plant is just amazing. unfortunately i live in aus, and ive heard of people having alot of trouble with seed banks down here.
    another question, ive decided to go with the 70w HPS, but should i bother putting it on a yoyo since im only going to be moving it about a foot or so total?

9. hi im going to start my own grow box its going to be 2ft x 2ft X 5ft tall with a bubble ponics system and 4 computer fans two intake and two out and a fan in side blowing on the plants i was thinking about using 400watt hps is that too much? also i was going to use 3 florecents and a bubbleponic system for veg is that okay? thanx:hello::hello: