First Micro Grow Ever

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by LiveSoundToker, Feb 15, 2011.

1. So i just started my micro grow today. I have two small pots to start the germination in and a small closet (approx 2''3''3'') that i have placed a 17" fluorescent bulb in. I followed a forum i found on GC somewhat but i thought it would be fun to start a thread while i'm at it and get some advice from other growers.
    So i started out by putting the seeds in a glass of luke warm water with a small amount of suggested fertilizer and leaving it for 8.5 hours at room temperature. I just planted the seeds into the potting soil and placed them under the bulb for the next 12 hours. at 3:30 pm they will be ready for darkness.
    Any advice would be much appreciated as this is my first time doing this. I need to set up a small vent in the closet which will not be hard as it is easy to cut through drywall partially. The only thing im worried about is that in three weeks they will have to be transported. Any tips on that?

2. :poke:well the first thing you have to do is :hide:...suck my dick...:bolt:na jk hey dude you have a nice setup going there and is this really your first grow ?

3. Yes this really is i just started some small pots. And haha you can suck my D :hello: And thanks I didnt realize how hard it was going to be to have to switch the lights every 12 hours. Have'nt missed it yet. :)

4. You should get a timer like for christmas lights then you dont have to worry about missing it if you stay up to late smoking a bowl

5. Yea i think im going to have to do that lol. Still waiting on some sprouts hope this wasnt to much of a waste ha! :confused:

6. #6 bgsixxxniner, Feb 18, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2011
    Yo dude setup sounds solid. Any pics?

Stay patient. You might want to germ like 5 or 6 seeds at a time that way you'll have a better chance to get females. get you some party cups to start seedss in put holes in bottom. That way you can save bigger pots for your females. Give your self a chance to at least have 1 plant to harvest. You dont want to grow seedlins for a month or longer only to find out you have 2 males. I ve always planted at least 5or 6 seeds and i always get at least 1 female. Just my .02!!!.

If you stay patient they'll grow. Holla

7. No pictures yet, once they get moved i'll take some in the more permanent space. But i now have 3 little sprouts starting to grow. Hopefully there are still a couple more coming up. I never said this but i started out with 5 seeds as follows.

2 Blue Dream Sprout x1
    1 Cheescake Sprout
    2 Extrema Sprout x1

bgsixxxniner- I looked up how to identify the differences between Males and Females but if i get males should i just get rid of them entirely? And at how old do you think i can start to tell the difference? Thanks man! .02 is much appreciated!
    :cool:

8. Well 13 days down and i leave my seedlings in the hands of my sister. She is watching over things for me when i leave for the next week hopefully i'll be able to take some nice pictures to post on here when i get back. Till then!