First legal marijuana retail store plans opening in Washington state

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by xdog, Oct 28, 2013.

Why?  :confused_2:

2. You know boycott means to not buy from them so their business stops right? Lol. Are you for or against legalization?

3. I assuming you don't know who Shively (ex Microsoft exec), Vincente Fox (ex pres of Mexico) or "BIG MARIJUANA" are? 

4. Theme of this site. It's legal who cares. Smh.

5. Don't look behind the curtain little girl. :laughing:  

6. #7 dabs710, Oct 30, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 30, 2013

The problem is so many people have been sold rhetoric instead of understanding reality and what's done in practice.

It's more fun and exciting to say "IT'S LEGALIZED NOW", than to read those "boring bills" and analyze their provision and who they would work in practice.

7. A more pointed example of how prohibition keeps it "all in the family" with these power brokers you could not ask for.
    Shivley's grandfather or great-grandfather was literally a HEMP barron and made his money in an outlawed landscape.
    Again and again, like with the Kennedys and "Project SAM" the same old prohibitionist-loving entities are behind a lot of this shit. This is yet another example. They make their money on both sides of these laws. And they create marketplace advantages for themselves in doing so. So yeah, fucking boycott these douchebag prohibitionists and their "legal weed." This system is intentionally being set up to fail anyway, so most anything that comes of it you should be very skeptical of. The Feds can step in whenever they please and cite "failures" to take it all over. This legalization thing is all a ruse, sorry to say.

8. More like you hope it is so you can continue to deal pot, or least the folks you are sticking up for can, come on, your not fooling anybody. Instead of backing the legal market you're just defending another group of greedy individuals who have had it nice the last 10 years or so, all nice and virtually unregulated.

All businesses pay taxes and are regulated, Wtf makes pot growers so special, yeah they can grow and carefully manage a fucking plant, whoopdy freaking doo. A lot of these growers, especially from northern cali act like their shit don't stink. Anyways, the mess that is occuring in WA right now should have been expected due to the mmj industry's reluctance to accept any form of regulation. Despite what you say its happening, here in WA, CO, and probably in couple years California. Now that legalization is part of the picture and the laws are very new, there will be time to compare the results from two very different systems and possibly provide other states something to build off of. That's the point of legalization.

9. #10 dabs710, Oct 30, 2013

I live in CA, not WA. I don't distribute or sell pot. I smoke / vape it, and cultivate for my own personal use when conditions are possible for my own edibles and bubble hash, under our benevolent Prop 215. I smoke up to .5 gram of shatter a day, and this is not including the edibles I take. I thank these "greedy collectives" for providing me with wonderful oils every day. Although making wax is illegal under Prop 215, I'm happy that collectives can legally sell it to me, test their quality, and have consistency, unlike buying it from a street dealer. I need a good concentrate, as I find it is more effective medicine.

Again, you're deluding yourself if you think Colorado's legalization resembles anything like Washington's. Colorado's medical patients and dispensaries now have expanded rights under Amendment 64, and NO taxes for patients (just sales tax, which is often not passed onto patients)! The dispensaries just pay sales tax, NOT 75%+ (who else has 75%+ tax rate on their products)?? This should be called the "stoner's guilt" tax rather than a sin tax (their rates are much lower). They also have the right to grow their own, AND posess AND manufacture their own hashish, unlike Washington. The priority in Colorado is employing people who work in dispensaries and are very medically knowledgable about cannabis, while I-502 is trying to do away with the "medical" from cannabis!

If I lived in Washington, my bank account would be drained under I-502. I would lose my right to grow, I would have to illegally buy my concentrates off a street dealer (making your own is very illegal without a medical card, which will be hard to obtain if the LCB has their way), and I'd have to pay MUCH more for my pot.

10. Oh wtf you can't grow in Washington?  That's fucking bullshit who the fuck let that happen?

11. Your paranoid delusions are fun to witness. Sadly, they are far from accurate. You talk just like a COP.
    I back all things that would be true under a reasonable legal market. What you are championing here is anything but. But the devil is in the details, and you've repeatedly stated you care not for details. That all this folly can be "re-written" after the fact.
    Hell, you'd make a nice politician too, as that's how Obummercare was passed. "Oh don't worry about READING the bill. It's for "affordable care." It says so right on the bill!"

So carry on, officer. You're showing your colors every time you post.

12. Your not allowed to tell them what they don't want to hear.

13. #14 floating_by, Oct 30, 2013
    Yeah, I used to have to go to external prohibitionist sources to counter their fodder. Now I just come here.

14. Really?
    The MMJ community were right in the fear that the recreational side was going to be the end of Medical. Alot of people who voted YES were of the "We can fix it later" side. Yet we see how that is going, the state wants to get rid of homegrows for medical, and are saying medical can't co-exist with a recreational side. I voted NO on I-502 because there was NO reason to not allow homegrows.

CO had a reason to not allow homegrows with them being surrounded by states who are worried about marijuana trafficking,and against marijuana hardcore. They stuck with their guns, and they are keeping medical and the bill seems like it is trying to end the prohibition on marijuana there.

WA is showing me nothing but trying to get their cut,the system doesn't look too appealing and they've shown their hand. We'll see what they do about these recommendations, any system controlled by a Liquor Control Board was too damn shady as is.

Don't even get me started on the people are will be in danger of getting arrested..the patients for one on the eastside(conservative) side of the state. The stores will be limited, and they'll have to travel farther for their needs, not to mention the proposal of banning homegrows. The law enforcement in the counties where 502 wasn't popular will be on homegrows so fucking fast. It'll be illegal, AND the government would be losing out on potential money...prohibition could get worse.

15. Actually I live on the eastside of the state (Spokane) and quite frankly, the stores will more than likely be cheaper or the same price as current dispensary prices over here. Trust me, the growers and providers are extorting patients over here, selling taxed, overpriced pot that besides a few collectives are a fucking joke, and really will show their true colors when they actually have to either stop profiting off of medical patients or if they want to profit, pay taxes. I agree, the recommendations to remove homegrowing from patients is ridiculous but the chances of that actually passing are quite low I believe. The reason to not allowing homegrowing for rec was for money but also to compare to how it plays out in CO, which IF they prove to be successful with homegrowing, I see that becoming law in WA as well. We'll see, but too completly dismiss this law already is dangerous thinking to the cannabis community and may end any momentum this community has achieved by simply passing these bills.

16. Oh yeah, last time I checked weeds not legal in Idaho or Oregon. In fact, Idaho was so mad we passed it the Idaho legislation asked the DOJ to sue, so yeah, WA had to worry about trafficking as well.

17. When are the retail outlets going to open in Spokane? I live 20 min away from Spokane and my availability to marijuana is so limited it's depressing. I can't wait for spokanes stores to open? Does anybody know when the first store opens? I need herb so bad!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

18. Spokane and all of East Washington cities and counties are more than welcome to ban retail outlets under I-502.

19. Yeah the Spokane city council has already approved zoning and changed ordinances to comply with I-502 so yeah Spokane is definitely going to allow shops. As far as when probably middle of next year maybe sooner. Smaller cities especially college towns like Pullman and Cheney may be tempted to ban but that's pretty hypocritical considering all the partying thats tolerated in cities like those.