First legal grow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by SativanASpliff, Apr 14, 2019.

1. What’s up everybody; and welcome to My Grow. It’s been years, 12 to be exact, since my last. Needless to say it wasn’t “kosher” then but now it is. Game on! It’s like riding a bike, everything has just come back to me like it’s second nature haha. Like my last successful grow I’m using a Hydroton, Rockwool resovoir system, and lighting is a combination of CFL and Fluorescent for veg of course. I will be switching to a HPS for flowering. I hope to keep this Journal updated frequently with detailed notes, and any questions or comments are more than welcomed. I lucked out with seeds this time around, not only in quantity but also quality. I’ll be adding pics and stats later, time for a water change.

• Like Like x 2
  2. #2 Vee, Apr 14, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2019
    new ball game these days with auto flowers and LEDs, even Qb's

time to update

what strains have you?

good luck

• Like Like x 2
  3. #3 SativanASpliff, Apr 15, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2019
    image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

13 days in, 5 good bag seeds on a 18/6 light schedule.
    Watered daily with Flora nutes. 10 gal reservoir 100ml Gro 75ml Micro 25ml Bloom
    Water temp 68 F Ph 5.7 Room 74 F 68% RH

4. humidity is fine for veg but you want to try to lower it for late flowering.

also if you are using your old equipment then the pH pen is probably worn out.

gl with the garden. it is looking great so far!

5. Yeah I’ll be lowering the humidity for both the flowering and drying. I’m controlling it with a variable cool mist humidifier. No need to worry either haha, brand new everything here; just same setup.

• Like Like x 2
  6. 2 weeks exact. Watering after work. Love these adjustable sub. pumps. 10 mins to fill 20 mins to drain. (Times approximate)

image.jpg image.jpg

7. image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg Thought I would be updating during water change this Sunday, but with the holidays and all I’ll share today.

18 days Veg
    Actually lowered my lighting rig the other day and they have responded nicely. Also I’ve been turning the tray 180 degrees every Wednesday.
    Sunday’s water change will be with the same amount of nutes.
    100ml Gro 75ml Micro 25ml Bloom
    Thought about upping the Gro 10-15ml and the Bloom 5ml; thoughts?
    Also going to be needing a bigger tray or transplanting to buckets. Haven’t yet decided; also open to thoughts there. Thanks in advance.

8. I’ve decided to construct 2 bubble buckets, this way Lets Build a Bubble Bucket *Step by Step* .
    I’ll also get a smaller tray for my ebb & flow reservoir. Planning to get 2 more Y splitters to up my wattage and a filtered fan. Once construction is complete and all said wiring and such are operational I’ll transplant 2 of the plants. And after a lot of reading I’m going to top the 2 plants in the buckets. After all that is said and done my next project will be to construct the aforementioned growers cloning bucket. Needless to say there will be some different looking updates soon.

9. First bubble bucket built and tested. We are a go for number 2.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. Two bubble buckets done. They’re both holding water and all seals are bone dry. Small victories are the greatest felt haha. These were a lot of fun to build, and super easy thanks to the sticky thread. Second bucket probably took 20 mins. All together cost was around 75 for the pair, and I’m thinking maybe cheaper for the next two; fingers crossed. Lights are about to go off for the night so I’ll wait until after tomorrow’s festivities to transplant and top. In the meantime; I’m open to suggestions on which two.

image.jpg image.jpg

11. Forgot to mention the two additional Y splitters I’ll be wiring in tomorrow. They will add another almost 50 watts. After I have everything in place I’ll do the math on total wattage for the data heads.

12. Construction is done and everything is operational and in its place. I got everything done that I wanted except I couldn’t find Y splitters anywhere. I wanted them to not only up wattage but thought I’d benefit from some more red. After picking two to transplant to the buckets I thought I would wait a few days until topping. Thought that the stress of moving would be enough. Water change happened just a bit ago and since I’m feeding fewer plants with the flood I did 5 gallons instead of 10. I did also up the Gro and Bloom a small amount; fingers crossed for no shock. I’m going to also pull the lights up a bit hoping not to stretch them. Not sure what else I could say today. Any questions; I’m here.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  13. 25 days veg, 4 days after transplant. Everything is thriving; the bubble buckets are working great, and I still can’t find any Y splitters. I’ve been keeping the PH around 6 and humidity is usually higher than 60, it drops when I open the tent of course. Planning on building 4 more bubble buckets this weekend for the next round of veg. Also I’m going to build the cloning bucket for future use.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  14. Same order as yesterday. LOVE these bubble buckets!

image.jpg image.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  15. 30 days veg and in there permanent home. We started the pre flowering nutes last night and hope that within the next three weeks we can sex them. Next week I’m going to start the 12/12 lighting schedule. After I receive and install the flowering light our maximum height can reach 5-6x their height now. Also their diameter can exceed six feet. It’s time to check levels and adjust accordingly. Any questions or comments, I’m here.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  16. *Same order as before and hence forth shall also be.

* (Note: First roots belong to the bucket on the right.)

image.jpg image.jpg

17. Last night we started a routine of Bio Root and Floralicious at an aggressive feeding scale. The results of the last 24 hours speak for themselves. Also started my flood and drain on a SOG. Any questions or comments; I’m here.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  18. Get them flouros and the clf to within leaf height a simple lum meter test will show you how poor those cheapy lights really are
    best IMO is within 2 inches

good luck

19. Looks good!