First(ish) Grow

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Creamjeans, Apr 4, 2016.

1. This is kind of my first grow. I've put a few through vegetation but had to pull one right before flowering and my next was destroyed, probably ate, by animals. It's been a couple years but I feel that I have more security then ever now. This plant is more or less a test plant. Just one. I wanted to tweak some of my issues before I got caught up screwing up multiples. I've been running two CFLs, daylight. I went in with a planned growbox but that just didn't work out well. I had temporarily improvise with a cooler, top is open and plenty of ventilation. Temps around 70-75. I'm using a mix of mushroom compost and over/under watering prevention soil. It's been incredibly nice outside for the past couple days so I have been leaving her outside for most of the day until I go to work. Lights are on about 18/6 everyday, no less than 18 hours of light. So,[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. May I get a little help please. She was fine an hour ago and then I noticed this when I was turning the lights off. Temp was about 80. Is this under watering, deficiency, heat? I can't find much about the tips turning up, only down or the the sides curling up. I am starting to feel like I'm trying to use webmd to solve an episode of House, cancer? Any help or suggestions would be nice.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

3. P.S. The lights, 2 CFLs, are about 4" from the top and the top appears fine.

4. I'll go with fish fertilizer and hope she has a good night. To trial and error.

5. Sooo. Sale at Lowe's this weekend.

6. @Creamjeans you need to lower your lights! There only supposed to be 1 to 2 inches away from the top of your plants. I use to have mine a half inch to an inch away.

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. You didn't add perlite? To me your plant looks fine to me. Them bottom leaves turn yellow then fall off. Cause new leaves are coming in. I would try to get side lighting from your Cfl's. You don't get as much light if right over the plant. I had the same light reflector, I had 3/26 watt Cfl's per plant. I used connectors to get three bulbs in one light fixture. I may have pics of what I mean by using the sides of the Cfl's.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] hope it helped! See how my plants were getting side lighting?
    Good Luck

8. @Robbie714 I did use perlite, I have decent drainage. I will move the lights off to the side a little more. I knew the bottom leaves fell off but I didn't think it would happen to the second set of leaves as well. The tip of the one leave was curling upwards, like an upwards claw. That's what had me a little worried. Thanks for the help.

9. [​IMG][​IMG]
    I've searched and searched. I've changed the soil. Watered properly. Checked ph. Moved outside. Used fish fertilizer. Didn't use fish fertilizer. Flushed. What is wrong? I've lost 4 sets of leaves and now my true fan leaves are curling and dying.

10. I have not used any nutes other than fish fertilizer and I've only used it once in the last three weeks. Strictly water. Should I use more?

11. What kind of soil are you using? Your soil looks woody? Your not using MG soil are you. I wouldn't use Alaska FF 5-1-1 you don't use no nutes your soil has nutes in it when you bought it! What strain?